IGNORED

6 month multiple entry on the way

davidge

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/645828/multiple-visa-a-trade-boon-say-operators

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Plan-to-grant-multiple-entry-visas-to-tourists-fro-30266029.html

Could be useful to some?

Sounds as if it's mainly aimed at those nationalities required to get a one month visa at the moment rather than those that have visa waiver. Still, could take the uncertainty away for some given the so-called tightening-up on visa runs etc.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Will be interesting to see how this pans out & just how long you can stay etc.

Thanks for the thread.

:Wassup1:

This statistic is interesting if true.

During the first seven months of this year, the number of international tourist arrivals increased by 30.7% to 17.5 million, with tourism revenue growing by 30% to 818 billion baht.

The 6 month multi entry visa will be aimed at those who want to come and go for a short stay reading a government minister's quote is Khoshod Times online newspaper. Originally a 12 month multi entry visa was sought but this is a trial, so with luck it will be extended to the 12 month one, the cost of the 6 month one is 5000Bt and will be good to see the detail. It might even do away with the need for a retirement visa.

The whole visa thing is very confusing and I am hoping I can get some advise/information from those of you who are familiar with the process. I am flying in to BKK from the USA in mid September 2015 and would like to stay for approximately 3 months and using Bangkok as my base camp I would like to be able to visit Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia etc at different times during my stay so I would probably need a visa that would allow me to leave Thailand and get back in at least 3 times. What Visa do I need that will allow me to stay 3 months and leave and re-enter Thailand at least 3 times over that period?

The whole visa thing is very confusing and I am hoping I can get some advise/information from those of you who are familiar with the process. I am flying in to BKK from the USA in mid September 2015 and would like to stay for approximately 3 months and using Bangkok as my base camp I would like to be able to visit Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia etc at different times during my stay so I would probably need a visa that would allow me to leave Thailand and get back in at least 3 times. What Visa do I need that will allow me to stay 3 months and leave and re-enter Thailand at least 3 times over that period?

As a US passport holder you don't need a visa to enter Thailand, you will get a 30 day visa waiver at immigration. However, after the coup there has been some new strict rules being enforced regards to back to back visa waivers. It should not be a problem if you fly in but you never know with Bangkok authorities.

The best for you is to apply a double entry tourist visa & use it for the two times that you get in. For the final time you can use the 30 day visa waiver option.

................................................................................................................

Archived