IGNORED

Visa help please

kevin gilmour

Hi guys, I thought I understood all the visa rules, but something has come up that I'm not sure about. Last time I travelled, I went for 35 days in total, staying in Thailand for a few days, travelling to Cambodia for a week, then back to Thailand for the remainder. For this, I got a double entry visa. I am going to do something similar next year, but going to Burma instead of Cambodia, and this time my overall holiday will be 3 weeks. I thought I would have to do the same, get a double entry visa, but a friend of mine said that as my total stay was less than the 30 days allowed, I won't need a visa. I don't think he's right, I think the 30 day waiver is for single entry only, and I will still need a visa even though I am not going for more than 30 days.

Can anyone confirm please? (This is travelling from the UK by the way). 

u will not need a visa.

if u roll up at the thai embassy in london they will sell you something you are not going to need, i've seen it myself when i've been in there.

you are going to given on landing a 30 day/29 night permission to stay. your entire trip inc nipping into myanmar/burma is only 3 weeks.

you are probably flying in and out of burma and you are going to get another 30 days on arrival back in bkk. even overland you would not have a problem

30 day Visa Waiver when you come in and then exit within that 30 days.

Another 30 day VW when you come back in and again leave within 30 days.

Visa for what?

You don't need a visa. They are allowing 30 day visa waivers at land crossings and airports.

You didn't need a visa last time and you don't need one this time either, no question about it.

y ask people all u have do ring the visa people in the uk

they will tell u what u need easy

y ask people all u have do ring the visa people in the uk

they will tell u what u need easy

they will sell him one if he needs it or not. and in this case 100% he does not

Archived