Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Gift for Thai Family

Hi Guys,

a friend of mine will be staying with a Thai family of five (no small kids, all grown ups) while doing a volunteering job at a schlool. She asked me what she could bring for the family members as a gift from Germany. 

Any ideas? What would a Thai be happy about?

mufdi

Probably some of the standard tourist gifts that people buy in Germany, maybe some T-shirts with German scenes & writing on them, caps with German flag & writing, perhaps a bottle German booze for the man of the house. I think it's better to give Thais gifts they can use, they appreciate things like T-shirts & caps that they can wear more than ornament things, which Thais don't really care about. 

How long is your friend planning on staying with this family? She'll be a great novelty at first but they'll tire of her soon. Farang living for free with Thais wear out the welcome fast.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Thanks guys,

she will stay there for one month

A month is OK, your friend will no doubt have a great experience staying with a Thai family for a month.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

nothing says welcome to the family than a full set of cutlery + dishes
maybe a satellite
a tv, sofa, some spermicidal lube? :D

Money,I also hope she has lots of luggage allowance for the TV,Sofa,A/C units,that they will also require.

• 1 year later...

Archived