IGNORED

The Open, St Andrew's 2015

Steven B'stard

Kicks off this coming Thursday. No Mcilroy of course damaging his ankle playing football with some friends. 

Big Phil won't be far away i reckon,  i backed Dustin Johnson in the US Open only for him to collapse on the last hole , he is in great form but i am not sure he is as effective on a links course where the inevitable North Sea winds will play a big part in the tournament.

I am watching the Scottish Open right now and Ricky Fowler is playing superb , he is only one shot behind the leader on  -10 and with the winds getting stronger there won't be much scoring in the back 9.  He could be sitting on the winning score.

He is bang in form, his first 3 rounds  66, 68, 66  on a very tough links course and the last 5 Open winners all played the Scottish Open the previous weekend making Ricky my selection for next week.

Any other tips ? 

Stevie

Love the Open and the bbc coverage. Shame its moving to Sky soon with adverts every 5 minutes. Shane Lowry is worth an each way bet after his good US Open. Hopefully the wind will blow St Andrews can be very tame without it

Gotta go with Spieth at present.

61 yesterday at The John Deer,everything is going in right now.I love the Open Championship.

Wake up at 4am,watch some golf and still have the whole day.

Awesome.

I had Luke Donald this weekend , looks like he will finish sixth ... Speith has been amazing to go from 101st after R1 to leading after R3 , but his odds are too tight for me

So will probably go with Luke , Fowler and Mickelson

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Rickie Fowler wins the Scottish Open,  Matt Kucher finishes 2nd.

Stevie

Was on Fowler when he won the Players at 55-1,for the Open i have backed Dufner 150-1 and Kissner 80-1 .

My money is on Fowler. I think Speith made a mistake playing in US instead of coming to UK early to get acclimated.

Love the Open and the bbc coverage. Shame its moving to Sky soon with adverts every 5 minutes. Shane Lowry is worth an each way bet after his good US Open. Hopefully the wind will blow St Andrews can be very tame without it

Congrats on the Ryder Cup victory! I think Tiger Woods is going to play ........ shite (unfortunately).

I'd like to see Speith complete leg 3, to make the PGA really interesting.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

a lot depends on who gets the best draw for the first 2 days as wind is forecast looks like the big 2 d Johnson and spieth and got the worst of it up too press but things can change. stenson  must have a big chance if hes lucky with the draw.

11 hours coverage per day starting tomorrow, should be good. It's a shame the winds of '87 blew down all the trees.

11 hours coverage per day starting tomorrow, should be good. It's a shame the winds of '87 blew down all the trees.

It is now 11 hours till first tee off and some bad weather coming in with Friday predicted to be the worst day with heavy rain and extremely strong winds.

Could throw up a surprise winner if the weather is bad.  Should be an interesting 4 days all the same.

Stevie

It is now 11 hours till first tee off and some bad weather coming in with Friday predicted to be the worst day with heavy rain and extremely strong winds.

Could throw up a surprise winner if the weather is bad.  Should be an interesting 4 days all the same.

A legend and a gentleman.

image.jpg

Pin sheet for day one.BTW.image.jpg

Gotta go with Spieth at present.

61 yesterday at The John Deer,everything is going in right now.I love the Open Championship.

Wake up at 4am,watch some golf and still have the whole day.

Awesome.

He is my pick as well.

He is my pick as well.

Just laid $50 down for Tiger at 30-1.

Just laid $50 down for Tiger at 30-1.

Is that to make the cut ?

Stevie

Is that to make the cut ?

Lol.

Would,love to chat again Sundee night with $1500 in my jeans.

That some BM's two week Pataya budget.

all to play for today the draw as been kind to the leaders got an ew double going d Johnson top yank and matsuyuma top rest of world,ew treable with stenson top euro who,s had the worst of the draw.

Could the TV coverage of this event possibly be any worse?

The technology to follow a golf ball in flight was invented in the 1980's ... But they cannot follow a shot.

The announcers are clueless drunks ...

Bloody hell!

Should be a great last days play. Jordan Speith is definitely the real deal and still only 21. Many in contention, who's going to have the hot putter tomorrow?

. Jordan Speith is definitely the real deal . 

It sure looks that way,  this is the first chance i have had to get a real close look at his game. He has a presence about him and can make some shots look effortless. Has to have a big chance of lifting the Claret Jug. 

Stevie

It sure looks that way,  this is the first chance i have had to get a real close look at his game. He has a presence about him and can make some shots look effortless. Has to have a big chance of lifting the Claret Jug.

I'll be cheering him on, would love to see the Grand Slam at the PGA. Under U.S. Law, he's only just old enough to drink claret!

Archived