IGNORED

One-2 call in Australia

geelongboy

I have a One-2 call pre paid sim but it won't work in Aus. Plenty of credit on it and it does not expire for a year. When i use K-Bank they send a code and i have no way to get code now back in Aust to Transfer funds. Any ideas?

do you put +66 in front of your thai number instead of the 0?   if you dont it wont work  +660123456789

put your country code with a plus in front of it for you country

• 3 weeks later...

I get text messages often from Thailand from 1 to call and there is no need for anyone to change the number to include a country code. 1 to call works off the Optus network here so is it possible you are in an area not serviced by them, is it also the bank has a bar on messaging O/S as there are higher costs to SMS international.

Mr Cat

Next time in Thailand go to Kasikorn and ask for a "pin 2" this is a one time pin you use for transfers from  your Kasikorn Account when not in Thailand.

Can also use when in Thailand.

"Pin 2" takes the place of a code.

I don`t believe their system is programmed to send the code beyond thai shores.

Maybe a cost and or security precaution.

Works for me

Bint 

Like Pedro137, ny A,2 call sim works in Aus for receiving sms and my TGF also used her Thai phone while there so maybe Geelongboy you should check the setting on you phone and see if you can get it to roam and pick up a local network - give it time to register itself on the local notwork and for the info to get back to the AIS network - sometimes its several minutes to be fully functioning.

If notjing happens after 3 or 4 mins, try calling your Thai number (put the +66 and drop the 0) from another aus registered phone and see if that prompts a reaction.  If you 1,2 call phone rings then you should receive the Kasikorn sms 

Archived