IGNORED

HIPPOPOTAMUS Grill Restaurant Central Festival

Hi Gents.

Here is my review of Hippo Restaurant at Central Festival Mall (6th Floor).

Attached are some pics.  Please comment or post your experience.

* I am in no way associated with this restaurant or any other restaurant in Thailand.*

Genre: Steaks & Burgers.

Atmosphere:  Great.  Inside and outside seating with great view of Pattaya Bay.

Staff:  Polite and quick.

Price: A little steep for what you get but average for Central Festival restaurants

What we got:

Steaks: The flavor was excellent but the menu listed the same sirloin with different prices.  When we asked the difference, their only reply was that the higher price sirloin was "Premium".  The portions were smaller than expected for the price and the picture in the menu appeared to be a thicker cut.

Salad:  My girl got a seafood salad.  She was pleased with it and it was larger than we expected.  The chef salad looked good and I was about to order that but they only offered Honey-Mustard dressing so I declined.  The Ceasar Chicken salad looked good as well.

Soup:  My girl got the cream of mushroom soup.  She was pleased with it also but looked kind of lifeless and dull and out of a can.  The other options were a seafood soup, french onion, cant remember the other.

Cheese Fries:  It looked good but didnt have any flavor or seasoning.

Extras:  You get to choose 2 sides with your steak but 3 of the 6 are potato variations.  My girl got the rice and ratatouille and seemed to be pleased with that selection.

Desserts:  Those looked good as well but we had other plans for dessert.

Overall:  Probably a 5.5 out of 10 on my scale.

Hippo cheese fries.jpg

Hippo cream mush soup.jpg

Hippo Salad.jpg

Hippo Steak.jpg

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Thanks for the report, i always thought that was a strange location for a place like that, tucked away in the high floor corner. The steak looks a bit thin, but the salad looks great

What was the total cost for 2?

Might pop in for a burger in a couple of weeks. Steak is a bit thin for my taste.

Big Mike.

1900 Baht.  2x steaks with sides, 2x pineapple juice, 1x orange juice, water, cheese fries, seafood salad, mushroom soup, rice and ratatouille.

I might go back for the burgers but really didnt like their limited selection.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Their burgers aren't bad & are on special for 199 baht, comes with 2 sides & 2 sauces. If you are a pattaya sports club member, they discount 15%. 

Archived