Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lactose intolerant

Looking to avoid any dish that contains milk, butter, cheese or anything else that contains lactose. Trouble is eating out a lot with thai food it's quite hard to know exactly what goes into your food. Especially when you are eating Thai food.

Any cooks out there know their ingredients well enough to give me a good idea of the main ones to steer clear?

Looking to avoid any dish that contains milk, butter, cheese or anything else that contains lactose. Trouble is eating out a lot with thai food it's quite hard to know exactly what goes into your food. Especially when you are eating Thai food.

Any cooks out there know their ingredients well enough to give me a good idea of the main ones to steer clear?

i cant drink milk, but never really thought of any thai dishes having it, so i ate basically anything thai and didn't have an issue. i dont think they use cheese? :D (for the life of me, i dont remember any cheese dishes). the only thing i can think that you might watch out for is peanuts if you're allergic. aside from that, watch the spices because sometimes that will F you over pretty well.

Milk has never been an ingredient of traditional thai dishes, they use coconut milk instead. Only for a few years milk has a growing demand in asia. I have heard that coconut milk is replaced in some places with milk because of lower cost - but I have never seen or tasted it. If you order any curry dish just ask if they use coconut milk. All other dishes should not be an issue. By the way, many Thais are lactose intolerant, too.

i never heard of any thai dishes that has milk in it... accept condence milk....

just dont eat farang food when u are there.. most thai dishes dont have milk...

or u can say ( gin nom mai dai / can not eat/drink milk )

some thai desert have condence milk in it.. ( nom kon / condence milk)

good luck.

Edited by White Shi Shi

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Thais dont eat much Dairy products, only egs .They only put chilly or peppers on there cornflakes

Edited by friendlyric6411