Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

EVA Air 747/400 question

HimBadMan

I avoid LAX like the plague for international travel. So flying to bkk bus Seattle. Eva doesn't fly 777 out of Seattle they fly their 747-400.

I booked an up deck window seat based on rumors that pitch is a bit larger up there. I cannot confirm or deny this though. I know the window seat does have a side storage compartment that is neat. And upper deck in 3x3 config. Vs. the terrible 3x4x3 confuse in there 777.

Can anyone confirm for me if upper deck 747 does have more pitch ?

I avoid LAX like the plague for international travel. So flying to bkk bus Seattle. Eva doesn't fly 777 out of Seattle they fly their 747-400.

I booked an up deck window seat based on rumors that pitch is a bit larger up there. I cannot confirm or deny this though. I know the window seat does have a side storage compartment that is neat. And upper deck in 3x3 config. Vs. the terrible 3x4x3 confuse in there 777.

Can anyone confirm for me if upper deck 747 does have more pitch ?

can you get that info from seat guru?

I didn't even know EVA had 747's...

can you get that info from seat guru?

I didn't even know EVA had 747's...

They had 747 and 747 Combis but I had thought they had retired that fleet

Yes. The still have 3 747-400 and one of them runs the Seattle to TPE route. Seat guru really doesn't provide upper deck info

Yes. The still have 3 747-400 and one of them runs the Seattle to TPE route. Seat guru really doesn't provide upper deck info

I used to love the 747 Combis out of London with Evergreen deluxe in the nose cone. Massive room because of the layout. Mourned the loss when they switched to the 777

Don't get your hopes up.  I have flown EVA Air from Seattle several times, and have booked a seat on the upper deck too.  It is true that there is a side compartment for the window seat, but that is about it.  It is just like cattle class, no difference in the seating.  

EVA tends to buy those aging 747's that are at least 20 years old.  I live in Seattle and can recognize that daily Taipei 747 from EVA when it flies overhead.  Old planes, the 747.  Boeing wants to stop making them..in fact, I think they already have stopped.

For the record Eva tweeted me. Said upper deck has two inch more pitch. 35 vs 33 vs lower level

Old planes, the 747.  Boeing wants to stop making them..in fact, I think they already have stopped.

Don't tell that to Boeing or the US govment, purchasing two to replace the current Air Force One 747s. In case you're newer to Seattle, speaking ill of Boeing and it's aircraft is politically incorrect, potential exceptions granted to the usual suspects: children, infirm, etc. ;)

Hope you're enjoying the warm summer this year. :)

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747/

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-air-force-one-tour-boeing-private-jet-2015-5

Archived