IGNORED

VPN to use on my Smartphone

Harvey707

Am no techie so bear with me.

Previously I always took the Laptop to the Beach (small one) and on it was Zenmate always with UK location turned on. In short I'd listen to Chris Evans on Radio 2 etc.

Zenmate as others will know have removed uk ip location (unless you pay) so currently uk iplayers etc wont work.

Having joined the real world I've got a Android Smartphone for which would be good to get a VPN. I went on the Playstore but I'm somewhat confused.

I was looking for Tunnelbear but doesn't seem to have it ??   Any suggestions ??

This thread is probably SPAM, and don't know if it works on smartphones, but:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/273608-use-a-vpn-surf-the-internet-unblock-restrictions-and-apps-netflix-and-many-more/

Edit: just looked on the site and it is a rip-off scam, SPAM.

SORRY.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Previously I always took the Laptop to the Beach (small one) and on it was Zenmate always with UK location turned on. In short I'd listen to Chris Evans on Radio 2 etc.

Zenmate as others will know have removed uk ip location (unless you pay) so currently uk iplayers etc wont work.

Having joined the real world I've got a Android Smartphone for which would be good to get a VPN. I went on the Playstore but I'm somewhat confused.

I was looking for Tunnelbear but doesn't seem to have it ??   Any suggestions ??

Tunnelbear should be there - I use it and it's faultless on mobiles. Even when I drop the phone into sleep and wake it later, the Bear regains the vpn connecton directly...brilliant.

I'd drop them a note at [email protected] (just click this link) and have them point you to the app

Not used it, but a friend of mine swears by HMA - Hide My Ass. itunes and Android. 

But its a subscription service so not sure if others are free or cheaper.

I use hide my ass ... you manually enter the data into your smartphone vpn configs and it works great.  It is not free ... about $70?? yearly.

........ until you get to China ...... :(

Tunnelbear should be there - I use it and it's faultless on mobiles. Even when I drop the phone into sleep and wake it later, the Bear regains the vpn connecton directly...brilliant.

I'd drop them a note at <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Android%20app%3F&body=Hi%2C%20%0A%0ACan%20you%20point%20me%20to%20the%20android%20app%3F%20I%20wanted%20to%20try%20it%20but%20I%20can" href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Android%20app%3F&body=Hi%2C%20%0A%0ACan%20you%20point%20me%20to%20the%20android%20app%3F%20I%20wanted%20to%20try%20it%20but%20I%20can" t%20find%20it%20in%20the%20android%20store..."="">[email protected] (just click this link) and have them point you to the app

Great info thanks

Problem too is that many providers such as Hulu are blocking all VPN and this list will only get larger.

tunnelbear is excellent

Private Internet Access has good VPN flat rate for a year is like $40 and multiple exit nodes, and they have both an Android and iOS app plus OSX and Windows and allow 5 connections at once, e.g. 5 devices. All you need.

I found Flash VPN somehow. Installed it and it works fine for me. Free app.

Got to remind folks, there is no free app for VPN. Your traffic is being analysed by the VPN service andy they're paying for their service through those analytics. Always better to cough up a little bit of cash and choose a service that won't do this (always read the terms, or just write and ask them beforehand). Tunnelbear doesn't do this, but also TB doesn't support the normal ports for bittorrent. There's always a deal with the devil to be made. Still - I happily use TB. 

I use Psiphon. Never had a problem.

Big Mike.

This thread is probably SPAM, and don't know if it works on smartphones, but:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/273608-use-a-vpn-surf-the-internet-unblock-restrictions-and-apps-netflix-and-many-more/

Edit: just looked on the site and it is a rip-off scam, SPAM.

SORRY.

Why would you call them a rip-off or spam?

If as you say you wish to listen to radio then instal the ap.

Tuneln radio

JDM

Sweet buddy top work. Just done it. Strange it appears to be £7.99 but dont see to have been charged

Edited no it hasn't installed. Must need credit card on file for charge ??

Archived