IGNORED

Buy golf bag and shoes in Patts?

mark-19

I will be in Patts playing golf in mode July for 2 weeks and need a new golf bag and shoes.

Is there are golf shop within Pattaya with a good selection and decent prices?

From what i remember prices at the pro shops at the golf courses are not great... 

Central Festival has a pretty decent selection of golf kit in the big sports shop. Prices were not too bad from memory. All the main brands including some Korean and Japanese brands I'd never heard of but very high quality.

There's a couple more on the Sukhumvit road but. Can't be too specific with directions for these - passed them a few times in a taxi and told the diver to stop.

The one in Central is my usual stop. Prices are negotiable.

Best selection of golf shoes either as mentioned above in the sports shop (2nd or 3rd floor) Central Festival or the discount golf store at the top of Thrappassit next to Suk - right in the corner after all the discount sports shoe shops. Best to check out both to see who has the best bargains.

Golf bags the same except I think they are more expensive and with less selection than the UK. Brand name stand bags minimum 4/5k baht although you can find cheaper but the quality is questionable.

There are also 3/4 golf shops along 3rd Road between Central and North but with smaller selections.

Personally I would buy in my home country for both but not sure if that is the same where you are from.

good advice- i thought i could buy a good bag for good value.

now i will just have a brief look for a bargain ...and save time to play  :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

good advice- i thought i could buy a good bag for good value.

now i will just have a brief look for a bargain ...and save time to play  :GoldenSmile1:

Probably too late with this reply....my 1st golf trip in 2008 I brought my clubs in a cardboard carton (about 12cm x 12 cm x 110 cm and bought a nice Callaway stand bag from a shop in 3rd road, can't remember where, but it was about 3000 baht. Been bringing that bag ever since.

Hope you had a blast out on the courses.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 3 weeks later...

Probably too late with this reply....my 1st golf trip in 2008 I brought my clubs in a cardboard carton (about 12cm x 12 cm x 110 cm and bought a nice Callaway stand bag from a shop in 3rd road, can't remember where, but it was about 3000 baht. Been bringing that bag ever since.

Hope you had a blast out on the courses.

You would be very lucky to find a "quality" stand bag for that these days unfortunately. The real brand names are 4/5k plus and only very flimsy unbranded products for less. Checking online they are cheaper in the UK and at least you can be pretty sure they are genuine!

I was looking myself and ended up buying a very nice tour type bag (I originally wanted another stand bag) second hand for 1200 baht as I couldn't find anything else remotely good value that I liked.

Archived