IGNORED

Visiting Phuket between 30Jul - 8 Aug

Mad Max

I am planning a holiday with my family to Phuket between 30 july to 8 Aug, and hoping someone may be able to provide any info. I will be staying at the "Centara Karon Beach Resort "

1. Any info on this hotel?

2. How far is it from the main town of Phuket? Is transport readily available to Phuket?

3. What places are worth visiting near by?

4. Any action around this area?

5. Any bars around this place?

6. What kind of ST prices can I expect? (I wont be able to do ant LT's but hopefully I can slip away for a ST)

Thanks

Try  joining Phuket info. Similar  forum to this that will answer most questions.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I am planning a holiday with my family to Phuket between 30 july to 8 Aug, and hoping someone may be able to provide any info. I will be staying at the "Centara Karon Beach Resort "

1. Any info on this hotel?

2. How far is it from the main town of Phuket? Is transport readily available to Phuket?

3. What places are worth visiting near by?

4. Any action around this area?

5. Any bars around this place?

6. What kind of ST prices can I expect? (I wont be able to do ant LT's but hopefully I can slip away for a ST)

Thanks

It is your average 4 star joint in Karon Town, about  5 minutes stroll from the beach..... but best to stay claer of Karon Beach at the time you are there. Rips and undertow make it a dangerous place to swim during the monsoon (May to about November). There is a variety of activities and trips avalable to suit a variety of interests.... You don't say what yours are.

Phuket Town is about 20 km away, which can take 20 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. Patong is about 8 km / 10 - 15 minutes to the north. Kata is about 10 minutes to the south. Kata Beach is safer during the monsoon, but caution is still advised. It is popular with surfers at this time of year. Public transport is poor. There is a very slow bus to Phuket town. Otherwise it is taxis, tuk tuks or rent a car / motorcycle.

There are quite a few resaurants and the odd bar nearby; more bars in Kata. Beers at Karon and Kata bars start at about 80 baht and lady drinks are about double that. Not sure about barfines etc but guess it is in the 300 to 500 range to get a girl out of a bar, and she would expect 1,500 to 2,000 or more depending on how long you want her to stick around. Low season rates for guest houses are 5 - 600 baht. Around Soi Bangla in Patong everything is much more expensive.....

It is your average 4 star joint in Karon Town, about  5 minutes stroll from the beach..... but best to stay claer of Karon Beach at the time you are there. Rips and undertow make it a dangerous place to swim during the monsoon (May to about November). There is a variety of activities and trips avalable to suit a variety of interests.... You don't say what yours are.

Phuket Town is about 20 km away, which can take 20 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. Patong is about 8 km / 10 - 15 minutes to the north. Kata is about 10 minutes to the south. Kata Beach is safer during the monsoon, but caution is still advised. It is popular with surfers at this time of year. Public transport is poor. There is a very slow bus to Phuket town. Otherwise it is taxis, tuk tuks or rent a car / motorcycle.

There are quite a few resaurants and the odd bar nearby; more bars in Kata. Beers at Karon and Kata bars start at about 80 baht and lady drinks are about double that. Not sure about barfines etc but guess it is in the 300 to 500 range to get a girl out of a bar, and she would expect 1,500 to 2,000 or more depending on how long you want her to stick around. Low season rates for guest houses are 5 - 600 baht. Around Soi Bangla in Patong everything is much more expensive.....

Thank you

Archived