IGNORED

luggage in pattaya

bongoz

It's cheaply made Chinese luggage. It looks OK, but the materials are very cheap, and the luggage gets beat up pretty quickly. The ones I bought lasted just one trip until the wheels fell off and the handle broke.

I think their main customers are the tourists that bought way too many cheap souvenirs and don't have enough luggage space to fit all their new junk, so they buy an extra bag for the trip home. That's about all that cheap luggage is good for.

Isn't even that cheap , you need to do a lot of hassling before you get a good price . 

Quality is usually not much . 

Bought a brand name suitcase in Central last month . Big 28 inch one with 2 year

warranty down from 9,5k Bht for 2,5k Bht . 

I must have been lucky as I still have a Bt2000  suitcase I bought on 2nd Road but next trip I will go out with hand luggage and buy another suitcase in Patts for the journey home.(they asked for Bt5000 at the start)

Not really worried if it only lasts 1 trip.

if memory serves there is a shop close to Soi Buakhaow markets that is cheap for luggage. (can't remember if I saw luggage inside the markets)

Its much cheaper here in Los Angeles with luggage, name brands on sale everywhere..

the price is what you make it, if you cant get it for at least half the asking price i dont think shopping stalls around pattaya is for you, go pay retail at central, as for the quality if your buying it for like 20 dollars who really gives a shit how long it lasts, personally i buy them to use as throw away luggage and paid a quarter of the asking price, haggle with them till they stop and remain firm when they do that give them a look of uncertainty and tell them you will continue looking around from my experience they will buckle and drop the price even further, there is no such thing as a fixed price in a pattaya market store

I used to buy luggage in 2nd road, but they lasted the way home, or 2 legs by flight. I found it better to buy quality at home, so i bought Samsonite with 10 year warranty. If you do the maths, 1 x suitcase a trip x 1500 bht. ( in 2nd rd. )  if you do as me 2-3 trips a year, Lets say 4500 bht. a year, in 10 year it will be about 45000 bht. Its cheaper for quality, i paied about 17300 bht. for the Samsonite with todays exchange rate ( NOK )

I used to buy luggage in 2nd road, but they lasted the way home, or 2 legs by flight. I found it better to buy quality at home, so i bought Samsonite with 10 year warranty. If you do the maths, 1 x suitcase a trip x 1500 bht. ( in 2nd rd. )  if you do as me 2-3 trips a year, Lets say 4500 bht. a year, in 10 year it will be about 45000 bht. Its cheaper for quality, i paied about 17300 bht. for the Samsonite with todays exchange rate ( NOK )

id read up on that samsonite warranty, they dont actually cover any type of breakage your likely to have

Not so much luggage in Patts as baggage.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I bought a American tourister suitcase in UK back in 2009 paid £55 this was reduced price from £110.I still have and use that suitcase and travel 2 to 3 times  a year ,the suitcase is still strong and undamaged except for a few scratch marks.I Would always recommend you buy a good suitcase it will last you longer than a cheap one, cheap one  will probably only last a trip or 2.I think a lot of people get put off the price on the good suitcases but I think in the long run they pay off.

id read up on that samsonite warranty, they dont actually cover any type of breakage your likely to have

Yeah, but the Samsonite luggage is still pretty solid though. I've bought the cheap ones in Pattaya myself, there is always something that breaks after a short period of time. Now I'm much wiser, I stopped buying all that crap and could probably travel with carry-on only, if I wanted to.

Yeah, but the Samsonite luggage is still pretty solid though. I've bought the cheap ones in Pattaya myself, there is always something that breaks after a short period of time. Now I'm much wiser, I stopped buying all that crap and could probably travel with carry-on only, if I wanted to.

I dont mind the pattaya luggage it only costs a few dollars and i only buy it to bring things home, clothes and shoes i buy primarily, cheap enough not to care about throwing away, i fly in with small carry on stuff buy my clothes as i go and restock my wardrobe when i get home toss the luggage and repeat on the next trip

I travel several times each month. I need dependable and rugged luggage without worrying about in breaking on me. The hassle of constantly running around, haggling and disposing of a crap bag seems ridiculous up me and certainly won't save me any money over the course of a year.

I travel several times each month. I need dependable and rugged luggage without worrying about in breaking on me. The hassle of constantly running around, haggling and disposing of a crap bag seems ridiculous up me and certainly won't save me any money over the course of a year.

well that all depends on how you pack and travel, i take a small (dependable) bag with the nescessities, and pack it into a larger disposable one once i get there and make purchases, clothes are cheap as chips no need to take more than the ones on my back, towels are supplied by hotels as are soaps and shampoos, my electronics fit in my pockets, matter of fact the bulkiest part of my luggage are the comic books i take to read on the plane

I was lucky because I bought the suitcase from 2nd road two days before the flight home , I realised the zip was broken in the next day , brought it back to the shop in time , got a replaced one ( different brand) , be careful with those zip , they are not that good . I bought a good one in Ireland , doing great for couple of years . You don't want the cheap luggage to spill during the journey .

Archived