IGNORED

Longer term stay in Thailand ...

lcosini

Does anyone know or discover the means to staying long term (like 3 to 6 months) without going through all those visa runs, or applying for visas (e.g. marriage, retirement, eduction etc)?
Right now I heard they've changed the rules to 30 days stay and then exit and return for another 30 perpetually. But that is tedious and tiring especially for retirees who couldn't (or don't want to) meet their requirements for retirement visa.
If you know a way, then big rewards for you ...

Just sneak over the border somewhere and stay as long as you like.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

You have pretty much said you don't want to do anything that will let you stay long term.

The easiest way is getting a tourist visa that would allow a 90 day stay (initial 60 entry and a 30 day extension).

The only thing easier is to just stay as long as you like on overstay and don't worry about it until you leave the country (or get caught)

I meant to do so legally. However I do not have enough monthly proof of pension funding to quality for retirement visa - not since my finances went south after the debacles caused by the US and EU. So only have a small stipend.

Can adopting my friend's child and helping her raise the child works as well?

Or is it possible to get a Thai citizen? Anyone done that?

Does anyone know or discover the means to staying long term (like 3 to 6 months) without going through all those visa runs, or applying for visas (e.g. marriage, retirement, eduction etc)?

Right now I heard they've changed the rules to 30 days stay and then exit and return for another 30 perpetually. But that is tedious and tiring especially for retirees who couldn't (or don't want to) meet their requirements for retirement visa.

If you know a way, then big rewards for you ...

If you are at home apply for a double entry tourist visa. This will give you a maximum of 180 days (based on 2 entries with extensions on both) so fits your planed stay. This is by far the best option based on what you have posted.

Given that you're resistant to apply for a suitable visa this is well beyond what you are prepared to do.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Double Entry Tourist Visa with only one Border Run at 90 days will in total keep you legal in the Country for 180 Days

Double Entry Tourist Visa with only one Border Run at 90 days will in total keep you legal in the Country for 180 Days

Would this need to be applied for in the UK or can I come over get the 30 day tourist visa then apply for an extension or extensions there after?

Reason I ask is that I will almost certainly need to travel early part of next week and don't have the time to visit the embassy and return the next day to collect.

Am looking to stay for anything up to 6 months, I am 50 and married to a Thai so does that open up any alternatives once there on a 30 tourist visa?

Would this need to be applied for in the UK or can I come over get the 30 day tourist visa then apply for an extension or extensions there after?

Apply at home is the best option. Alternatively you can get a tourist visa by doing a visa run to Laos.

Do you mean "60 days upon entry with a 30 days extension" and then one more time? Most people are refering to this.

Or is it "90 days upon entry with a 90 days extension upon re-entry"? I have not heard about this one. If true, may be a possibility. Can I get the visa from any nearby country (e.g. Malaysia, Singapore etc) and about how much is it?

If you are at home apply for a double entry tourist visa. This will give you a maximum of 180 days (based on 2 entries with extensions on both) so fits your planed stay. This is by far the best option based on what you have posted.

Given that you're resistant to apply for a suitable visa this is well beyond what you are prepared to do.

Won't mind if it takes care of the visa problems for good. Also gives me the opportunity to renounce my US citizenship (which I've been trying to for a long time) as it is fast becoming a 3rd world banana republic.

Do you mean "60 days upon entry with a 30 days extension" and then one more time? Most people are refering to this.

Or is it "90 days upon entry with a 90 days extension upon re-entry"? I have not heard about this one. If true, may be a possibility. Can I get the visa from any nearby country (e.g. Malaysia, Singapore etc) and about how much is it?

You get given 60 days on entry on which you can get a 30 day extension. With a double entry visa you can do this twice ie leave Thailand before returning. You need to remember that you must entry the second time before the visa expires.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Yes you get 60 days on first entry with then a 30 day extension over at Jomtien then when those 30 days are up you need a quick border run to activate the 2nd original tourist visa and likewise extend that one by 30 days as well.......total 180 days

You get given 60 days on entry on which you can get a 30 day extension. With a double entry visa you can do this twice ie leave Thailand before returning. You need to remember that you must entry the second time before the visa expires.

As regards the 2nd entry the Royal Thai Embassy in London give 6 months upon receipt of application, in which both entries must be utilised, so the clock is running when its sent back in the Post to you or personally collected

Edited worth pointing out I think that the 2nd entry could be utilised a day before the expiry date. You dont need to complete your trip within that first 6 month period just activate that 2nd entry

As regards the 2nd entry the Royal Thai Embassy in London give 6 months upon receipt of application, in which both entries must be utilised, so the clock is running when its sent back in the Post to you or personally collected

Edited worth pointing out I think that the 2nd entry could be utilised a day before the expiry date. You dont need to complete your trip within that first 6 month period just activate that 2nd entry

Yes and as such there is no rush as your first visit is over after a little under 3 months.

BTW if London does that I suspect it is not in line with other embassies/consulates. I have had visas from 4 different offices (in 3 countries) and they all started the visa the day it was issued. I have never had a visa for anywhere that did any different.

if you are over 50,like me i stay 5 months every year.go to the thai  embassy london web site and the latest info is on there.you can get a double entry o-a visa which is 90 days by 2.you have to leave thailand after the first 90 days (i go to singapore for the weekend) but you can use a land crossing.on your return the second 90 days begins.all you need is a bank statement showing sufficient funds or an income of at least £1400 a month.this is the easist and best way for long term holidays. 

if you are over 50,like me i stay 5 months every year.go to the thai  embassy london web site and the latest info is on there.you can get a double entry o-a visa which is 90 days by 2.you have to leave thailand after the first 90 days (i go to singapore for the weekend) but you can use a land crossing.on your return the second 90 days begins.all you need is a bank statement showing sufficient funds or an income of at least £1400 a month.this is the easist and best way for long term holidays. 

I assume you have actually done it this way? Because many people are saying it's 60 days and you have to leave and return for the remaining 30 days.

And how much is that visa?

I don't have "an income of at least £1400 a month" so what would be considered a "sufficient funds" amount?

Yes and as such there is no rush as your first visit is over after a little under 3 months.

BTW if London does that I suspect it is not in line with other embassies/consulates. I have had visas from 4 different offices (in 3 countries) and they all started the visa the day it was issued. I have never had a visa for anywhere that did any different.

Scumbag maybe be a misunderstanding/wording on my part. I agree the Visa is running from the day its issued ??  Or are you saying that the 6 months only starts upon activation at Suvarnabhumi the first time.

Just had a look at the last one I had. Issued on 6th November 2014 and 2nd entry must be before 5th May 2015 so it was running from 6th November but I didnt enter until 3rd December.

Edited also worth pointing out that even if your trip is scheduled for less than 30 days they'll still activate a Tourist Visa. Happened a few times over the years when I had triple entry tourist visas and my Plans changed

Scumbag maybe be a misunderstanding/wording on my part. I agree the Visa is running from the day its issued ??  Or are you saying that the 6 months only starts upon activation at Suvarnabhumi the first time.

Just had a look at the last one I had. Issued on 6th November 2014 and 2nd entry must be before 5th May 2015 so it was running from 6th November but I didnt enter until 3rd December.

Edited also worth pointing out that even if your trip is scheduled for less than 30 days they'll still activate a Tourist Visa. Happened a few times over the years when I had triple entry tourist visas and my Plans changed

Yes the 6 months starts from the day that the visa is issued.

If you have a visa you must use it even if you only plan on staying less than 30 days. I saw a guy at immigration one time getting told off for trying to sneak through without using the visa that he had.

Does that bank statement need to be from a Thai bank or can it be your home country?

I meant to do so legally. However I do not have enough monthly proof of pension funding to quality for retirement visa - not since my finances went south after the debacles caused by the US and EU. So only have a small stipend.

Can adopting my friend's child and helping her raise the child works as well?

the US embassy will give you the proof and you dont have to show yours, maybe a little white lie......   not sure about other ones

Does that bank statement need to be from a Thai bank or can it be your home country?

your home country

Archived