IGNORED

What is the lowest cost ED visa school in Patts?

Halibed

Seems costs have surged in the last year since the hourly requirement for a one-year ED visa is now double from 200 to 400 hours. I used to be with Pro language, I paid 27,000 last year. But come renewal time they'll charge 35,000, plus 3 90 day extensions for 5,000 each (I mention that because one school upcharged the immigration fee to 8,000).

Are there any better options for one year ED's?

Get some Sidegra, that'll take care of the ED in a hurry.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Oh I get it, the acronym pun. Haha, well played sir!

You might investigate Walen (across the street from Big C Extra) and AUA (4th floor Central Festival) . Both have costs on their websites. I know Walen has a lot more options and is used to helping with the visas.

Thanks, here are the prices I've found so far for one year ED visas

Walen: 49,960

http://www.thaiwalen.com/en/Thai_Language_Prices

Pro language: 35,000

http://www.prolanguage.co.th/courses/ed-visa-services/

AUA: 24,150 (may be the price for the visa only)

http://auathai.com/prices

Progress: 15,000 + 8,000 for Laos paperwork

http://www.progresslanguage.com/

Sandee: 13,000 (tuition only)

http://www.sandee.ac.th/fees/

I assume all of these prices are the upfront fee only and don't include the now standard 5,000 baht extension fee at each of the 3 90 day intervals.

I'm looking for reviews on Sandee, has anyone heard of them?

• 2 weeks later...

You might investigate Walen (across the street from Big C Extra) and AUA (4th floor Central Festival) . Both have costs on their websites. I know Walen has a lot more options and is used to helping with the visas.

depends if he actually wants to learn thai or not

Been looking into schools myself and walen seems to get more bad the good reviews regarding its teaching

It does however get lots of great reviews about the visa side of its school

depends if he actually wants to learn thai or not

Been looking into schools myself and walen seems to get more bad the good reviews regarding its teaching

It does however get lots of great reviews about the visa side of its school

Walen's "bad reviews" are mostly just bickering from folks who AREN"T students there that don't like the owner. He actually gets on ThaiVisa and argues with posters who are offended by the fact that his school is a business with the goal of making money. The fact the his maketing targets people wanting an ED Visa (vice just wanting to learn Thai) also really pisses off a lot of people.

I've attended both Walen and AUA and would recommend both. AUA is traditional type curriculum and Walen's system is hard to explain in a short paragraph but does not use conventional lessons. The Big thing with Walen is that you must learn the Thai alphabet as the first step and learning to read is fundamental to the teaching method. To be honest if someone explained to me how Walen's system worked I would have been less inclined to go but it turned out to be a positive experience.

AUA has some good classes that teach useful Thai conversation and good lessons on the grammer and sentence construction. The worst thing about AUA in Pattaya is they don't have enough Thai students to be able to offer the classes each term. For example you could take Speaking 201 and might have to wait two months for Speaking 301 to be offered. If only two or three students show up for the first day of class that class is cancelled.

A fellow AUA student told me that you can't get a ED visa by going to the AUA in Pattaya. Not sure if that is true or not.

Update, Sandee is 13,000 + 2,000 paperwork, so it's the cheapest (I've found so far).

Walen's "bad reviews" are mostly just bickering from folks who AREN"T students there that don't like the owner. He actually gets on ThaiVisa and argues with posters who are offended by the fact that his school is a business with the goal of making money. The fact the his maketing targets people wanting an ED Visa (vice just wanting to learn Thai) also really pisses off a lot of people.

I've attended both Walen and AUA and would recommend both. AUA is traditional type curriculum and Walen's system is hard to explain in a short paragraph but does not use conventional lessons. The Big thing with Walen is that you must learn the Thai alphabet as the first step and learning to read is fundamental to the teaching method. To be honest if someone explained to me how Walen's system worked I would have been less inclined to go but it turned out to be a positive experience.

AUA has some good classes that teach useful Thai conversation and good lessons on the grammer and sentence construction. The worst thing about AUA in Pattaya is they don't have enough Thai students to be able to offer the classes each term. For example you could take Speaking 201 and might have to wait two months for Speaking 301 to be offered. If only two or three students show up for the first day of class that class is cancelled.

A fellow AUA student told me that you can't get a ED visa by going to the AUA in Pattaya. Not sure if that is true or not.

Yes read a lot over the tv forum with regards schools.

Coincidentally the best most well thought of place to learn on tv is not a school but a women teacher that works alone.

Seen nothing but great reports about her but the deal breaker for many is that you cant get an ed visa

• 3 weeks later...

Try Progress language school. 

Thats where I am now and as far as I know its still about 27k for the year. That includes all the paperwork for the visa and extensions but not any visa or extension fees.

Archived