IGNORED

5 day trip to Phuket...need advice!

kenzo

Hey yalls! My buddy and I are planning a trip to Phuket early August for about 5 days and need some advice on hotels and other things.

We decided not to go to Patts this year and try something new but close to what we know.

I was hoping someone can point us in a general direction to get this trip planned out.

We looking for a hotel that is near the beach, close to the action of Bangla (5 to 10 mins walking), has a nice pool, in room deposit box and doesn't charge for bringing back a girl.

We always stayed at the FlipperHouse in Patts if you need some kind of comparison.

What kind of transportation is available from the airport? I've been reading taxis are the way to go.

Are there any BM's that meet up and do a crawl?

Phuket prices for girls? ST or LT?

Must see Clubs, Gogo's and beer bars?

Daytime activities beside nursing a hangover and bumming on the beach?

Thanks a bunch!

Kenz

For accomodation try the yorkshire hotel, nice pool and sauna, pretty reasonable about 1200 baht a night, plus only 2min walk to Bangla road

Summer Breeze, Yorkshire Inn, and White hotel seem to be the go to places on Soi Sansabai, which is just across the road from Bangla. There are several other hotels and guesthouses on the Soi. Nearby, and worth considering is C&N, and there are plenty of others. Only the flash places have a joiner fee. In August just rock on up and take whatever tickles your fancy; it is near the lowest time of of the low season so booking is not needed.

Bangla can get quite expensive for drinks and girls, but can be a fun place if you have the cash and it suits your style. I see on another forum that bar fines are in the 600 - 1000 baht range, and  girls expect a couple or three thousand or more for their favours. More laid back bars can be found a short stroll away from Bangla… easier on your budget too.

Must see bars…. Bangla is small enough to wander around to check out the lot and enter what takes your fancy.

You might like to look into the likes of Kamala or Rawai for better beaches than Patong.

For nightlife, Kamala (north) or Kata (south) have quite a few bars within pub crawl distance on the main roads and nearby. They are is way more budget friendly than Bangla too. You can get change out of 500 baht for a drink, a couple of lady drinks and a few games of pool. I gather bar fines are half what they are on Bangla, and girls don't expect as much either. There are a number of reasonably priced guest houses and hotels around town.

To explore Rawai's beaches and bars you really need your own transport; motorcycle is great if you dare. Again, plenty of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets, from bungalows near a beach to flash joints. Similar pricing to Kamala and Kata for nightlife.

Taxi from the airport costs 700 to 1000, depending on where you go (less for Kamala, more for Patong, most for Rawai). Shared vans are about 150, but a bit of a hassle. There is an airport bus to Phuket Town, but not to the west coast beaches at the is stage…. supposed to be coming.

For accomodation try the yorkshire hotel, nice pool and sauna, pretty reasonable about 1200 baht a night, plus only 2min walk to Bangla road

+ 1

BHP

Thanx for the replies! It seems like Yorkshire is a hit! It looks fabulous with the pool and might just be what we are looking for.

I'm assuming it is GF? Are most of the hotels GF or do we need to ask ahead of time before we book?

The Summer Breeze hotel (be careful there is also a Summer Breeze Inn that isn't in Patong) meets most of your requirements, but they don't have a pool. I think it was the Yorkshire I was looking at longingly across the street from the Summer Breeze as it appeared to have an air conditioned lobby. The Summer Breeze has a/c in the rooms but not the stairwells (no elevator) and not in the lobby/bar/restaurant area. They have an excellent staff though. And if you're worried about accidentally bringing home a lady boy the night time front desk guy will tell you, "your wife came home early and is asleep in your room" as a code.

Bangla Road basically turns into the road it's on. Most of the working girls seem to park their Scooters on the road in front of the hotel so if you wake up late you can usually find company by just standing in front of the hotel. They have different key chains that need to be inserted into a slot in your room for the power (and a/c) to work. Mine wasn't welded or soldered on so I was able to just take the key off the ring and leave it in. Others were a different setup but they were able to keep power on by inserting a metal spoon into the slot. This is necessary in the summer suites as the a/c is in the living room area and takes a while to reach the bed. The penthouse suite has two a/c units so doesn't have that problem and is a great deal during low season.

I liked a lot of the day trip activities in Phuket but didn't really care for the night scene. Maybe I would have liked it more if I went there first and not immediately after Pattaya. However, it did make me appreciate Pattaya much more and realize I'd been taking it for granted. 

tix and hotel booked! We are staying at the Lantern for 4 nights and I hope it meets our expectations! 

Anyone in town from 8/6 to 8/10?

tix and hotel booked! We are staying at the Lantern for 4 nights and I hope it meets our expectations! 

Anyone in town from 8/6 to 8/10?

Looks a bit more family friendly than girl friendly..... possible joiner fee. Still, looks nice, and fairly new. See how it goes.

Looks a bit more family friendly than girl friendly..... possible joiner fee. Still, looks nice, and fairly new. See how it goes.

I read in another thread that it is GF. I hope it hasn't changed.  :unsure:

Kenzo im staying at kee spa and resort from 6th July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenzo im staying at kee spa and resort from 6th July

Kee is a great place but in February they charged joiner fee, 1000 baht. Not GF in other words.

Kee is a great place but in February they charged joiner fee, 1000 baht. Not GF in other words.

Is the joiner fee just a one time fee or every night?

there are some great deals on hotels at the moment on booking.com

booked yesterday for early sepember for 4 nights after pattaya

got a superior room for only 780 baht a night and has a nice rooftop pool about a 7 minute walk to bangla i stayed there about 4 years ago.

girl friendly and no joiner fee aspery hotel

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/aspery.en-gb.html?aid=318759;label=msn-7MFdBviQPcXAwLbpiVlpjw-6302406667;sid=0026aec285c

its been a while since i been there whats the average price of a beer there now or a sangsom and coke which is what i drink every day in pattaya?

and average for LT with a bar beer girl?

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I will be there for 6 days from

Monday

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just come back from the Kee hotel and there is no joiner fees at all

Must have been a low season thing. The following is a response from earlier today.

Dear Uzumaki Nuruto,

Greeting from The Kee Resort & Spa Phuket!

Thank you for your e-mail. Further to your enquiry, please find our joiner policy or a non-registered guest as below

JOINER POLICY OR NIGHT VISITOR.

Our hotel does not allow a non-registered guest to stay overnight for security reasons. Should the clients Desire to invite another guest, they need to contact the Front Office Staff and proceed to register the guest. A joiner fee will also be charged, even when clients have already reserved and paid for a twin or triple room.

Joiner Policy (We do not allow Lady Man): According to hotel policy in cooperated with Thai Government, we would like to inform you that any bar ladies and massage ladies who visits or happen to stay day time or night time with the registered guests, they have to left their identity cards with our guest services at the Front Desk. An amount of THB 1,000/person/night will also be charged automatically into clients’ folio. Visitors or joiners have to leave hotel rooms/premises before 12.00 noon. Visitor ID cards will be returned upon their departure. The guests must be held responsible for any misbehavior, loudness, irritating voices, lost, missing items and damages of properties or assets in the hotel rooms which will be charged accordingly

Should you have any further assistance please feel free to contact us at any time

Look forward to welcoming all of you to our resort

Best regards,

Suttida Tri-Ngam (Micky)

Reservation Manager

The KEE Resort & Spa

152/1 Thaveewong rd., Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket 83150 Thailand

P: +66 76-335-812 | F: +66 76-335-808 | M: +66 098 279 3734 | W: www.thekeeresort.com | E: [email protected] cid:[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Must have been a low season thing.

Probably. I've gotten promotional e-mails from hotels that I've stayed in during my past trips in which they say that they are waiving joiner fees until the start of high season (actual date varies from place to place). 

Of course, when I'm in Phuket, I'm with my TGF, so I always get her to register w/ me at check-in. Of course, this often raises issues when we come back late at night and they ask for the joiner fee and we have to disabuse them of the fact, but that's a separate issue.

Archived