IGNORED

Questions for Hilton HHonors folks

dorkus84

Hey All!

I'm finally planning to book my trip soon, and am looking to hit up Hilton because I'm an HHonors member. Now you would think that the way they treat HHonors members would be consistent across the board hotel to hotel, but I have not noticed that personally.. I have been some places that see I'm an HHonors members and upgrade me without asking, and some who give me a hard time when I do ask saying i'm supposed to do that stuff through hhonors website/phoneline... How's Pattaya Hilton for this??

I'm going to buy an entry level king room for 10 nights, and am hoping they'll upgrade me.... I'm a Diamond Member with about 185,000 points.... If theres availability think they would have issue with upgrading me on the spot??

I'm probably going to be getting their "explore asia" deal, so it will be a reduced rate room, so through the hhonors site TECHNICALLY i'm not allowed to use my points for upgrades.... but know, like i mentioned earlier, it seems to depend on the individual Hilton if they're lenient on that sort of thing or not.

So just looking for the general vibe of the Hilton and the management. :)

Thanks very much guys!! Can't wait to lose my Pattaya Virginity!! :D

-Dorkus

Have never stayed at the Hilton in Pattaya even thou I am a member but if I was to take a guess I would say they will not upgrade you. First since you got your room at a discount and not paying full price and secondly just because it is Pattaya.

I don't think they upgraded my room when I stayed there, but, as best I can recall, I think they gave me a room on an executive floor.

I'm supposed to get free breakfast as a Gold member, and think it was served via a lounge, but It was a while ago and I can't recall much about it for the life of me.  

BTW, 200,000 points will get you 5 free nights in Pattaya during high season on the "stay 5, get the 5th night free" deal.  I'm building towards that (Virgin Atlantic bonus miles should push me over this month)

Hmmm interesting.... yeah thats a bummer about the upgrade... not the end of the world, I'm sure I'll still have a good time haha... just would be nice to have little bit extra.

Thanks very much!!

Hey All!

I'm finally planning to book my trip soon, and am looking to hit up Hilton because I'm an HHonors member. Now you would think that the way they treat HHonors members would be consistent across the board hotel to hotel, but I have not noticed that personally.. I have been some places that see I'm an HHonors members and upgrade me without asking, and some who give me a hard time when I do ask saying i'm supposed to do that stuff through hhonors website/phoneline... How's Pattaya Hilton for this??

I'm going to buy an entry level king room for 10 nights, and am hoping they'll upgrade me.... I'm a Diamond Member with about 185,000 points.... If theres availability think they would have issue with upgrading me on the spot??

I'm probably going to be getting their "explore asia" deal, so it will be a reduced rate room, so through the hhonors site TECHNICALLY i'm not allowed to use my points for upgrades.... but know, like i mentioned earlier, it seems to depend on the individual hilton if they're lenient on that sort of thing or not.

So just looking for the general vibe of the hilton and the management. :)

Thanks very much guys!! Can't wait to lose my Pattaya Virginity!! :D

-Dorkus

I got upgraded to the ocean suite 3 out of my 4 stays but I am a diamond. It seems you dont know how the system works, you cannot just rock up at a new property and expect upgrade even if gold or diamond, your upgrade is based not only on your hhonours tier but also your previous stays at that property. First stay I only got an upgrade to executive as per rules of the program for diamond, every stay after ocean suite when purchased basic king

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

You may also have a look at flyertalk forum. They have a dedicated Section for Hilton Honors, as most  other hotel Loyality Programs. As a Diamond you should educate yourself about getting the best out of the program.

I've been upgraded to Exec floor as a Diamond every stay since they opened - never had a suite though.  These stays were both paid and using points

-FL

As a diamond member I always received (without asking) upgrade to Executive Suites when booking basic room.  Hotels without executive suites (i.e. Hilton Hua Hin, Double tree etc) have always upgraded me to the next level of room from the one I booked.  This is independent of if I have ever stayed at this property in past.  Goodluck.

Thanks everyone!! I guess I'll just book it and wing it!! 

just a thought but are you charged extra for over night guests at the hilton

SEAN - From what I hear it is a-ok.... and actually part of the HHonor points at every membership level is complimentary second guess at all their hotels, so shouldn't be a problem either way.... but from what I've read they're joiner friendly to all patrons (HHonors or not)

Hilton in Thailand has a Premium Club program for expats living here. It offers discounts on room rates, upgrades, 50% food discounts in their restaurants, etc. I have had their card since the Hilton in Pattaya opened. I use the card in their restaurants very often, and have arranged many special events there, thus the staff know me well. However, based on my experience, my impression of their management philosophy for guests using benefits is they follow whatever the benefit rules are to the letter.

Hilton in Thailand has a Premium Club program for expats living here. It offers discounts on room rates, upgrades, 50% food discounts in their restaurants, etc. I have had their card since the Hilton in Pattaya opened. I use the card in their restaurants very often, and have arranged many special events there, thus the staff know me well. However, based on my experience, my impression of their management philosophy for guests using benefits is they follow whatever the benefit rules are to the letter.

Aw bummer! Oh well! like I said... its not like a different view or slightly more square footage in my room is going to be the deciding factor if I have an amazing time in Pattaya or not! hahaha I'm pretty sure I could have a van down my the river and I'd still have a blast ;)

Thanks all for the responses! All good to know!! :) :)

Now just need to book! ;)

@EMS, how does one join this club? I am currently a HHonors member and a have Hilton Amex. I plan to move back to Thailand soon.

@EMS, how does one join this club? I am currently a HHonors member and a have Hilton Amex. I plan to move back to Thailand soon.

http://www.premiumclubasia.com/Hilton_Pattaya/HotelDetails.html  there you go. In good Thai tradition, the link in the website where you can buy the card is not working. I would advice you to call them. Be aware that you most probably will not get member points for the discounted stuff.

I am not a HHonors Hilton member and I do not carry a Hilton credit card, but I am member of Marriott and Intercontinental and i have both of their respective Chase Visa credit cards. I have stayed at Pattaya Marriott and Pattaya Holiday Inn on many occasions as well as other Intercontinental and Marriott hotel properties throughout Asia. Both Chains always upgrade me providing I made an entry level room reservation through their respective hotel web site and guaranteed it with the appropriate Chase Visa hotel Credit card. I would expect nothing less from Hilton. If the Pattaya Hilton does not upgrade your room immediately upon check in, you need to change your hotel membership.

@ZRHuser, thanks for the link!

@gogul, that is great to hear! I just got the IHG card. I think Holiday Inns a tired brand in the US but they do have some great properties in Asia and of course you can never go wrong with the ICs!

IHG card is GREAT!

The annual free night at any IHG hotel is well worth the $49 annual fee, plus the comp Platinum status is sweet.  In Pattaya, it got me in an Executive level room in the new wing, just down the hall from the Execuitve lounge, where free breakfast served daily and free snacks at happy hour (which constituted my dinner on more than one occasion!  55555)

I'm a HH Lifetime Diamond (been Diamond 20 consecutive years). I stayed at the Pattaya Hilton when they first opened and only got upgraded to the executive floor, I booked a ocean view outdoor bath suite though. I thought the offerings in the executive lounge were down right pitiful, didn't bother going up the other nights. As a result have never been back to the Pattaya Hilton

The Pattaya Hilton does seem to stay full so guess that is why it is hard to score an upgrade. Hilton really has one of the worst loyalty programs IMO. I also feel a lot of their properties in the US just need be torn down. You can only refit so many times.

@gogul, that is great to hear! I just got the IHG card. I think Holiday Inns a tired brand in the US but they do have some great properties in Asia and of course you can never go wrong with the ICs!

The Singapore Holiday Inn off Orchard Road is great one. I also like the Holiday in Patt too because it is new and because they have two swimming pools; a great infinity pool facing the bay for adults and large shallow kiddy pool on another level. That's smart.

IHG card is GREAT!

The annual free night at any IHG hotel is well worth the $49 annual fee, plus the comp Platinum status is sweet.  In Pattaya, it got me in an Executive level room in the new wing, just down the hall from the Execuitve lounge, where free breakfast served daily and free snacks at happy hour (which constituted my dinner on more than one occasion!  55555)

I agree. The IHG card more than pays for itself. The annual free night voucher night is good for the entire year plus there are no restrictions on which hotel property it can appied to. Last year I had 4 free nights (3 nights with points and one night with annual voucher) that I used at the Intercontinental Jakarta, which is a very upscale hotel. Nice! This year I used my free IHG voucher night at the BKK Intercontinenal. I went to Mixx and Spasso that night. 

Archived