IGNORED

Passport advice

wan1

I have booked to come on 24 th may but my wing man is still waiting for his new passport

To come .... It's an Irish passport and they say it might take till 3rd June my question is

He has 3 months left on his old passport would he have trouble getting in to Thailand as I believe you have to have 4 months when you arrive , we are only staying 6 days and have return ticket .. Anyone done this or can

Advise that would be great , I will still go alone but would like my buddy to go as well

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you have to have a minimum of 6 months left before your passport expires IMHO

Passport should be valid for at least more  6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand. 

I'm not with that, fortunately, personal experience, but I would not risk the possible prohibition of entrance into the country and prohibition of entry.

I am surprised at the length of waiting for a new passport. In my country it is only one month

It is also possible to try and get your passport done fast surcharge if you have this possibility exists.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Needs six month of validity on the passport or there's a high likelihood he will be turned away.

Your buddy should have gone to Dublin and sprung for expedited processing, 3-5 working days.

Thanks guys well he still has 5 working days so fingers crossed he gets it if not I will be alone for the 1 hour 15 mins taxi ride then I will have more friends than back home :-)

You might also be alone in the plane as they might refuse boarding.

Having a prepaid return ticket may be helpful but a call to the Thai embassy in Ireland wouldn't go astray I'd reckon.

He need to contact the Irish Embassy in the UK or the Passport office in Dublin with a copy of the itinerary and the Passport may be issued quicker.

It is unlikely that if he has applied for a passport that he will still have the old one as you have to submit the old passport when applying for a new one so that the old one can be cancelled!

From Irish Department of Foreign Affairs website, UK application page

Can I get my passport today?

We cannot issue your passport on the same day. In an emergency situation (the death or serious illness of a family member), we can issue you an emergency travel document on the same day.

In all other circumstances, you will have to wait a minimum of five working days to get your passport and the application should be lodged in person at the Passport Office. Valid proof of confirmed travel (e.g. airline ticket/email) must be presented in order for any application to be processed sooner than the standard turnaround. You may incur an additional fee.

He sent forms 5 weeks ago and it just says still in stage 2 on passport web site thx for advise I will pass it on

about ten years ago when i sent my passport for renewal , i got nervous about the fact that i would not get it in time , so i rang them . they told me to call to their office on the way to the airport and a designated person would meet me at the front desk and give it to me . 

i called and the Lady was there and gave it to me !! 

no problem 

:Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:

If he's still in Ireland get him to get in contact with his local TD, that's member of parliament equivalent. They get this stuff all the time and they should be able to speed things up if he explains the urgency. Last time I renewed mine I had it back in 10 working days exactly and have found it a very reliable service. May be a different story if he's abroad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised at the length of waiting for a new passport. In my country it is only one month.

I had an Australian passport issued by the embassy in Bangkok in less than a week....:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived