Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

View Talay Building Crash

splitpin

5 injured following Collapse at 5 Star hotel Construction site.

Just after 10.30 on Thursday Morning, Police were called to a construction site of a new 5 Star hotel in Soi 6 off the Pratamnak Road in South Pattaya, following reports of a partial collapse of the construction. Rescue Unit rushed to the scene following initial reports that persons were trapped within the wreckage and fatalities may have occurred. The Site manager quickly confirmed that everyone had been accounted for and 5 people were injured including a local journalist who hit a pole as he rushed around the site to get the first pictures of the collapse. Khun Prachar, the Governor of Chonburi also rushed to the scene fearing that fatalities had occurred. The construction is thought to be a hotel with underground car park and according to Investigators; cement was being laid on the second floor when the collapse took place. Further investigations are now taking place and for now Police have ordered the construction site to be closed until a full safety review is undertaken.

Lucky nobody was seriously hurt. Funny bit was the journo who in his ruch to get photos injured himself by not looking where he was going... :)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thank God no one was hurt but I cant say I'm surprise this happen as some of the things Ive seen on Construction site in LOS there is no way in hell that would happen on a site in the West as you would have Health & Safety officers all over you like a bad rash and they might even close the site down and you would have to pay some big fines.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I read the article on PattayaOne, but they didn't mention which building it was... So it was one of the new View Talay complexes???

After seeing the way the Thais use bamboo scaffolding , there's no way I would go up on one... I actually steer clear just walking by a construction site for fear something will fall on me...

After seeing the way the Thais use bamboo scaffolding , there's no way I would go up on one...

It is not designed for the weight of Farangs...I better stay away from that :D

I work in construction here in the US and this type of accident (form work collapse)is very rare now, due to shoring requirements. However in the 80's in Northern Virginia, a major section of a high rise pancaked to the ground killing alot of workers as a result of improper back shoring. I know a guy that was in the bulding when it collapsed. He lived and the guy he was working with died. As a result regulations where greatly tightened. We seem to be having alot of crane accidents currently here in the US. In addition, precast parking garages come down more that you would think as they are being erected.

The Site manager quickly confirmed that everyone had been accounted for and 5 people were injured

This is the other side of the coin of the migration of workers from Issan. Everybody knows about the girls but a lot of Southern Issan can only get one harvest per year so for 9 months of the year the men work illegally on these building sites. Very little money and even less concern about their health and safety!! :)

In the middle east a lot of labourers die on construction sites every year due to negligence. But at least the courts go after the company and the site engineer for blood money and even sometimes jail time.