IGNORED

Kevin Pietersen

mikeyboy

One of the biggest names in world cricket , Kevin Pietersen has been told by Director of cricket and former England teammate Andrew Strauss that he is not required to play for England again .

Pietersen was fired by England 15 months ago  but later given to believe that if he scored runs in county cricket he would be considered again .     Pietersen went and scored 355 not out against leicestershire , as he is still a huge talent .

Monday night after he was told his England career was finished , ironically by Strauss , a man Pietersen stabbed in the back when Strauss was captain , he has gone public and said how he feels deceived and misled .

The ashes test series against Australia is 2 months away , and the aussies will be very happy that Pietersen is not in the England line up .

I for one feel England will miss his match winning talents , but won't miss any of the poisonous bullshit that he has carried around all his career .

What do you guys think ? 

Mikeyboy

A no dickhead policy has worked well for sucessful teams in other sports. He is to divisive within team enviroment's to risk. Cheers

A no dickhead policy has worked well for sucessful teams in other sports. He is to divisive within team enviroment's to risk. Cheers

If Australia Cricket had a 'no dickhead' policy a few players would have missed out including David Warner :-)

Pietersen is an arrogant dickhead but also the best batsman in the country. It's typical of the mainly public school old-boy network running English cricket that its more important to be 'one of the chaps' than how good a player you are.

The problems run deep. Not only is the England set-up shambolic but the County game is a mess. Too many sides. Too little quality. Mainly low-intensity, uncompetitive cricket.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

In times of desperation, desperation measures are often needed. The ECB continues to demonstrate how incompetent they are so it’s hardly surprising that the team is not doing so well either.

Supporters have paid good money to see the best England team play and, love him or hate him, Pietersen is still one of the best we have. The ECB should grow some balls and pick him.

The selectors should select the best, in-form players available; English selectors especially at the moment.

In times of desperation, desperation measures are often needed. The ECB continues to demonstrate how incompetent they are so it’s hardly surprising that the team is not doing so well either.

Supporters have paid good money to see the best England team play and, love him or hate him, Pietersen is still one of the best we have. The ECB should grow some balls and pick him.

And I thought Pieterson was South African :Think1:

Great player but obviously cant be trusted (those silly childish texts) but would i pick him?....Yes.

And I thought Pieterson was South African :Think1:

Where someone is born and which country they play cricket for are often unrelated.  :GoldenSmile1: 

I think his mother is English, which in most sports is enough to play for the country of her birth

I think the ECB come out of this looking bad, if they don't want him tell him so, don't tell him to play county cricket and score big runs so he may have a chance.

I don't like the guy myself but to treat someone this way is wrong.

So I take it that if any of this lot was manager of Real Madrid they wouldn't play Ronaldo..

Where someone is born and which country they play cricket for are often unrelated.  :GoldenSmile1: 

Sadly , very true .     The bane of many sporting bodies , 

Mikeyboy

This has been a total PR disaster and train wreck from the start.

There may be massive public support for him but he needs to look at his actions and realise why he has been dropped (which we have all read about). The ECB are not blameless with this situation and he should not have been offered an olive branch a few months ago.  

KP also had public arguments playing county cricket – e.g. while at Notts.   He seems to cause controversy that turns his colleagues against him and never seems to learn from his mistakes.

If he did return to the team would it upset the team equilibrium and caused issues with the senior players?

I’m going to England V NZ (ODI) at the Oval next month and would have loved to see him bat but I can see why there is no trust.

This is a very sad end to a fantastic career.  

The selectors should select the best, in-form players available; English selectors especially at the moment.

While I agree,maybe this will be a deterrent for any future talents that have a penchant for disruptive behaviour.

We don't want cricket to be like the NFL.

While I agree,maybe this will be a deterrent for any future talents that have a penchant for disruptive behaviour.

We don't want cricket to be like the NFL.

We need characters in sport , the problem with Pietersen is that he knows no limits . 

"what more can i do ?" he says after scoring a triple hundred .    Well Kev , how about showing an ounce of humility , apologizing to Strauss for stabbing him in the back , and generally not pissing off everyone you play with / against  .

A fantastic talent , that has alienated every dressing room he has sat in .   He still doesn't get it .

Mikeyboy

We need characters in sport , the problem with Pietersen is that he knows no limits . 

"what more can i do ?" he says after scoring a triple hundred .    Well Kev , how about showing an ounce of humility , apologizing to Strauss for stabbing him in the back , and generally not pissing off everyone you play with / against  .

A fantastic talent , that has alienated every dressing room he has sat in .   He still doesn't get it .

Mikeyboy

Yep,characters are needed,but there comes a point where their talent is overlooked by their infectious Desire to be the center of attention.

Chad OKO Cinko Dimio Alloicsious Fucknut comes to mind.

(you may have to look that one up.lolol.)

Yep,characters are needed,but there comes a point where their talent is overlooked by their infectious desire to be the center of attention.

Chad OKO Cinko Dimio Alloicsious Fucknut comes to mind.

(you may have to look that one up.lolol.)

I'm looking   , thanks .  

Mikeyboy

The England cricket team under Cook has a penchant for playing safe (boring) cricket, unless they have 500 on board they don't declare. KP would appear to be a affront to that 'be safe' principle & hence not selected. I hope McCullum takes the pants off Cook this summer.

................................................................................................................

The England cricket team under Cook has a penchant for playing safe (boring) cricket, unless they have 500 on board they don't declare. KP would appear to be a affront to that 'be safe' principle & hence not selected. I hope McCullum takes the pants off Cook this summer.

Test matches are generally about scoring enough runs first up to keep the opposition out of the game .   All test captains , not just Cook do this .  

Cook is a poor captain though , and i think Joe Root should replace him sooner rather than later .

England would love to have Pietersen playing as he wins matches with the bat , but he has been given enough chances , including re-intergration programmes to try and curb his boorish behaviour .  He's run out of chances .

Brendan McCullum , is a top ODI and 20/20 batsmen , but has a poor test match record .        Ross Taylor is NZ's best bat by a distance . 

Mikeyboy

Test matches are generally about scoring enough runs first up to keep the opposition out of the game .   All test captains , not just Cook do this .  

Cook is a poor captain though , and i think Joe Root should replace him sooner rather than later .

England would love to have Pietersen playing as he wins matches with the bat , but he has been given enough chances , including re-intergration programmes to try and curb his boorish behaviour .  He's run out of chances .

Brendan McCullum , is a top ODI and 20/20 batsmen , but has a poor test match record .        Ross Taylor is NZ's best bat by a distance . 

Mikeyboy

I was referring to second innings declarations, many a times Cook has held off declarations in trying to take the game out of the oppositions hand & thereby left his bowlers short of time to bowl teams out. Even in the recent Windies series its happened, Sky commentators lambaste his safe tactics frequently.

................................................................................................................

I was referring to second innings declarations, many a times Cook has held off declarations in trying to take the game out of the oppositions hand & thereby left his bowlers short of time to bowl teams out. Even in the recent Windies series its happened, Sky commentators lambaste his safe tactics frequently.

Very easy for commentators to say , do this or do that , but its not their neck on the line if it all goes wrong .

2 nd innings declarations are made in consultation with the head coach and others , but i agree , Cook is very negative or passive in nearly all things .

Mikeyboy

Archived