IGNORED

Virus help Kaspersky

bobdown

Greetings Gentleman,

I need a bit of help about a virus but it is not on this computer.It is on Windows 7 and IE

The computer I am referring to starting to go all over the place like a mad woman's shit It has AVG and Microsoft Defender on it,and also Malaware Trial. I have tried to figure it out but I am not Bill Gates and I am in more trouble than Brick Bradford.Malawares found a few things but then nothing.Defender found a virus and quarantined and since then has found nothing.When I run AVG it finds nothing but starts off at 19%,could the problem be before that in the first 18% and it is be overridden.

Then I had an idea.I had an old version of Kaspersky that I paid for.It was out of date but Kaspersky let me in as a trial for 30 days.Now this it what I am not sure of.

Running a full scan it found found quite a few problems,the next day a lot less and the last 2 days no problems.

What I cannot understand is the first day with the full scan and problems it scanned 1,005,906 files

Today the result day 4 was 726 816 with no problem.It seems a lot of difference to me.Maybe it is starting at about 19% like AVG or maybe those figures are right,this is where I do not know a lot about computers.

I do not want to use Chrome or Firefox because I have tried them and I think more problems have come from them

Also running Kaspersky has made thing better but I still think there are problems

I would appreciate any help

Thank you Gentlemen

Greetings Gentleman,

I need a bit of help about a virus but it is not on this computer.It is on Windows 7 and IE

The computer I am referring to starting to go all over the place like a mad woman's shit It has AVG and Microsoft Defender on it,and also Malaware Trial. I have tried to figure it out but I am not Bill Gates and I am in more trouble than Brick Bradford.Malawares found a few things but then nothing.Defender found a virus and quarantined and since then has found nothing.When I run AVG it finds nothing but starts off at 19%,could the problem be before that in the first 18% and it is be overridden.

ie "starting to go all over the place". Could you elaborate? "AVG starts off at 19%". Again, elaborate? 

Then I had an idea.I had an old version of Kaspersky that I paid for.It was out of date but Kaspersky let me in as a trial for 30 days.Now this it what I am not sure of.

Running a full scan it found found quite a few problems,the next day a lot less and the last 2 days no problems.

If Kapersky indicates no problems, why do you think there may be problems? 

What I cannot understand is the first day with the full scan and problems it scanned 1,005,906 files

If you are manually specifying a full scan, it should scan the entire drive. If not, the AV software will decide what to scan. I use both as needed.

Today the result day 4 was 726 816 with no problem.It seems a lot of difference to me.Maybe it is starting at about 19% like AVG or maybe those figures are right,this is where I do not know a lot about computers.

I do not want to use Chrome or Firefox because I have tried them and I think more problems have come from them

What problems? I consider both Chrome and Firefox to be safer than IE. 

Also running Kaspersky has made thing better but I still think there are problems

I would appreciate any help

Thank you Gentlemen

Hope that helps. If you don't believe Kapersky's results of "no virus found" you could always create and boot from AV rescue media and scan from that. It doesn't sound like that is warranted. Good luck. 

you can download a free 30 day trial of the latest kasperksy from their website anytime. The latest version may work better than an older version.

The only way to be 100% sure that you have removed all virus is to do a clean install of windows.

The next best is to run the check when the disk you are checking is not running windows either using a boot CD or putting the drive in another computer and mounting it as a second drive.

you can download a free 30 day trial of the latest kasperksy from their website anytime. The latest version may work better than an older version.

The only way to be 100% sure that you have removed all virus is to do a clean install of windows.

The next best is to run the check when the disk you are checking is not running windows either using a boot CD or putting the drive in another computer and mounting it as a second drive.

Thank you Sir.I have another problem now.Last night I got a message to download 15 Microsoft updates.I did that the computer turned off then on again finished installing and the first thing I got was a Kaspersyk site saying pay to update,the next thing I got was a message from Microsoft saying that site I am reading was coming from somewhere else before I got it from Kaspersky and do not answer it.I think today is a trip to the computer shop.Thanks for trying to help me,

• 1 month later...

Its the boot files you have to worry about they easily hide from most AV products.

Personally I would download (on a known clean machine) a live AV cd. Here are a couple I have used in the past.

BitDefender. LINK.

F-Secure. LINK.

Here are a couple of other sites offering offline live CD's. LINK. LINK.

If you choose one for the last 2 links I would personally go to the manufacturers web site and download from there to be sure.

Burn the ISO to a CD or USB stick and boot from it.

Personally I would never trust a shop to clean/rebuild a machine you could end up with more viruses/spy-ware/malware than you started off with. IMHO.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

• 2 weeks later...

Its the boot files you have to worry about they easily hide from most AV products.

Personally I would download (on a known clean machine) a live AV cd. Here are a couple I have used in the past.

BitDefender. LINK.

F-Secure. LINK.

Here are a couple of other sites offering offline live CD's. LINK. LINK.

If you choose one for the last 2 links I would personally go to the manufacturers web site and download from there to be sure.

Burn the ISO to a CD or USB stick and boot from it.

Personally I would never trust a shop to clean/rebuild a machine you could end up with more viruses/spy-ware/malware than you started off with. IMHO.

Just found your reply.Great info,thank you

• 4 months later...

My virus software Avast is blocking some pages from the site says virus url mal 2 infecting some of the pages can admin please clean up :)

Archived