IGNORED

Holiday visa for UK

danmanc12

Hi guys I'm sure it's been done before but I'd just like to know what documents and requirements are needed to attain a six month holiday visa for a thai lady.I'm currently in long term employment but rent a property will this jeopardise the application?Any information however small would be great thanks.

The general rule for sponsoring a UK visitor is that you need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support the person. Whether you rent or own your home is immaterial.

I’m no expert but would have thought a standard Visitor Visa for 6 months might be tricky.

If you dont plan to sponsor her then the information she needs is here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide

• 3 weeks later...

For you you need to provide 6 months bank and payslips

Proof of rent or morgage, passport, photos to back up your relationship, utillity bills

For her all the above plus a few more things. Then she has to go to bkk for the interview.

Right now we are around 3 weeks from starting the process with an agent and the application hasnt even been filed yet

For you you need to provide 6 months bank and payslips

Proof of rent or morgage, passport, photos to back up your relationship, utillity bills

For her all the above plus a few more things. Then she has to go to bkk for the interview.

Right now we are around 3 weeks from starting the process with an agent and the application hasnt even been filed yet

Interviews are not held for Visitor Visas.  She will just have to submit her application and supporting documents at the VFS Application Centre at the Trendy Offices on Sukhumvit soi 13.  It's currently taking about 10 days and then she'll either get or be refused a visa.  If anything needs clarifying the ECO may phone her, but it's very unlikely.

Gone-east is right; applying for 6 months is risky as not many people can get time off or afford a 6-month holiday.  It would be better if she just applied for 3 weeks or something more holiday-like!

You can sponsor (i.e. pay for) the trip but she will have to prove that your relationship is genuine and that she has a reason to return to Thailand.

Not sure if we are talking about the same visa

Our well known agent has told us that only 3 and 6 month vistors visas are availible. I did only want one for 2 weeks but was told its either got to be a 3 or 6 both of which are muliti entry

Also asked him about the interview and hes told us that she 100% has to go to bangkok for one

Just re read the email i got and Its a genral visitors visa we are applying for

Not sure if we are talking about the same visa

Our well known agent has told us that only 3 and 6 month vistors visas are availible. I did only want one for 2 weeks but was told its either got to be a 3 or 6 both of which are muliti entry

Also asked him about the interview and hes told us that she 100% has to go to bangkok for one

Just re read the email i got and Its a genral visitors visa we are applying for

Just goes to show how wrong agents can be!

All UK Visitor visas are valid for 6 months. However when you apply you will need to state how long you plan to stay. If you say 6 months you will need to justify this in the applicatiion. A 6 month holiday is going to raise a lot of questions, whereas a 3 week holiday is unlikely to. There's nothing to stop her staying for 6 months even if she put 3 weeks on the application, but the change of plan will need to be explained on future applications.

There are no interviews for UK Visitor Visas. The applicant has to go to Bangkok to hand in the application and VFS staff will check the documents but this is unconnected to the visa decision which is made by an ECO at the British Embassy.

Has anyone actually been granted a visa since the Conservative government got elected?

Has anyone actually been granted a visa since the Conservative government got elected?

Visas are granted every day. I wouldn't be surprised if more changes are made to the requirements for Settlement.

• 2 weeks later...

Just goes to show how wrong agents can be!

All UK Visitor visas are valid for 6 months. However when you apply you will need to state how long you plan to stay. If you say 6 months you will need to justify this in the applicatiion. A 6 month holiday is going to raise a lot of questions, whereas a 3 week holiday is unlikely to. There's nothing to stop her staying for 6 months even if she put 3 weeks on the application, but the change of plan will need to be explained on future applications.

There are no interviews for UK Visitor Visas. The applicant has to go to Bangkok to hand in the application and VFS staff will check the documents but this is unconnected to the visa decision which is made by an ECO at the British Embassy.

Whats the reason for an appoinment then?

Got everything sorted now paperwork wise

Been told a date and time for here to go for an interview and drop the documents off

Will have to see what happens on the day. Will keep you informed

Whats the reason for an appoinment then?

Got everything sorted now paperwork wise

Been told a date and time for here to go for an interview and drop the documents off

Will have to see what happens on the day. Will keep you informed

Her appointment is just to submit her application. The Thai VFS staff will check it and take the biometric tests. Then it's sent to the Embassy. Good luck!

Ok we are pretty much done now. Just have to wait for a yes or no

Heres what happened.

Appointment was booked and she went to the embassy in bangkok.

She submitted the application and had her finger prints taken.

As said before she was expecting some kind of interview, there wasnt one but she was told that the embassy would phone her in a few days.

Today she got a call from the embassy. Now the embassy called her work phone number not her mobile, they then did an interview over the phone.

So for those applying be warned that the embassy are now phoning the applicants place of work to conduct a phone interview, they dont call the applicants personal phone number.

She was asked everything, from where we met to what job i do to how long she wants to come to the uk for to everything about her home situation

Our application was all above board so there was no problem getting this phone call, but i can see this catching a few people out if they have been less then truthful about your girls employment status.

So to sum up, no interview at the embassy

Embassy will call the aplicant place of work to do a phone interview.

Ok we are pretty much done now. Just have to wait for a yes or no

Heres what happened.

Appointment was booked and she went to the embassy in bangkok.

She submitted the application and had her finger prints taken.

As said before she was expecting some kind of interview, there wasnt one but she was told that the embassy would phone her in a few days.

Today she got a call from the embassy. Now the embassy called her work phone number not her mobile, they then did an interview over the phone.

So for those applying be warned that the embassy are now phoning the applicants place of work to conduct a phone interview, they dont call the applicants personal phone number.

She was asked everything, from where we met to what job i do to how long she wants to come to the uk for to everything about her home situation

Our application was all above board so there was no problem getting this phone call, but i can see this catching a few people out if they have been less then truthful about your girls employment status.

So to sum up, no interview at the embassy

Embassy will call the aplicant place of work to do a phone interview.

Thanks for the update.  Let us know the result.  How long did they say it will take?

They didnt

But the website says 10 days from droping of the application

However our visa agent did point out that june july is the bussiest time for uk applications.

Spoke to my girl today and it seems that they tried a few times to catch her out.

Mainly tried to catch her on how long she wanted to come for, why she wanted to come. Also asked her if she want to luve in the uk one day, if she wanted to get married ect

Pretty much the same question but rephrased a few different ways.

Luckly for us she has no interest at all in coming to live in the uk so this was never going to be a place they would catch her out.

After talking to her it seems it was a very very thorough interview, almospt an interrogation

After speaking to our visa agent he said he has it on good authority that the interview is a good sign. He said that it means your visa is pre approved pending the interview outcome. no call within 10 days is apprently a sign that the application has been knocked back at the document stage.

Will see what happens

One strange thing was that we were told the visa and any documents will be sent to her place of employment

Im very happy i decided to use an agent, after looking at the document file myself, theres so much in there that i would never of thought about including

Plus its been 100% stress free on my end

They didnt

But the website says 10 days from droping of the application

However our visa agent did point out that june july is the bussiest time for uk applications.

Spoke to my girl today and it seems that they tried a few times to catch her out.

Mainly tried to catch her on how long she wanted to come for, why she wanted to come. Also asked her if she want to luve in the uk one day, if she wanted to get married ect

Pretty much the same question but rephrased a few different ways.

Luckly for us she has no interest at all in coming to live in the uk so this was never going to be a place they would catch her out.

After talking to her it seems it was a very very thorough interview, almospt an interrogation

After speaking to our visa agent he said he has it on good authority that the interview is a good sign. He said that it means your visa is pre approved pending the interview outcome. no call within 10 days is apprently a sign that the application has been knocked back at the document stage.

Will see what happens

One strange thing was that we were told the visa and any documents will be sent to her place of employment

Im very happy i decided to use an agent, after looking at the document file myself, theres so much in there that i would never of thought about including

Plus its been 100% stress free on my end

She will have to collect her passport from VFS; they won't send it anywhere.

Most UK Visitor visas are granted or refused without the need for any phone calls. There must have been something that needed checking which merited a call.

Update

All finished now, visa came this morning.

Everything was sent to her place of work, passport with visa in it and all the papers she took to bangkok.

Just had a look at the visa and one thing i did notice is that the start date of the visa is 2 days before she recived the phone call. Visa is valid from the 10th but the embassy didnt call her untill the 12th

This was the timescale of it all.

8th june - Application submited in Bangkok, fingerprints ect done

12th june- phone interview at place of work

19th june- visa and all documents delivered to her place of work

Visa valid for 6 months mulitpul entry, vaild from 10th

Im shocked how fast this has all been completed tbh.just under 2 weeks. The embassy web site does say though that most application are completed within 10 working days.

Only thing i dont understand is why the visa is valid from 2 days before she got the phone call from the embassy.

It doesnt matter, just happy everything is done

Overall im very happy with how everything went

Took the visa agent 4 weeks from paying the deposit untill everything was ready. A week of that was waiting for me to send the relivent docs

Wasnt cheap, cost me £600 but i think well worth it. There was no chance we would of got it if we had done it ourselfs

My girl stll thinks she has to do somthing else, ive told her its all finished. Dont think she can get her head round how quickly its all been done.

Only headache has been trying to explain to her that a 6 month visa doesnt mean yhat she has to stay for 6 months. For some reason she also thinks i have to accompany her into the uk.

Biggest shock will be be the weather when she steps off the plane in september 555

Update

Everything was sent to her place of work, passport with visa in it and all the papers she took to bangkok.

Just had a look at the visa and one thing i did notice is that the start date of the visa is 2 days before she recived the phone call. Visa is valid from the 10th but the embassy didnt call her untill the 12th

Im shocked how fast this has all been completed tbh.just under 2 weeks. The embassy web site does say though that most application are completed within 10 working days.

Only thing i dont understand is why the visa is valid from 2 days before she got the phone call from the embassy.

Took the visa agent 4 weeks from paying the deposit untill everything was ready. A week of that was waiting for me to send the relivent docs

Wasnt cheap, cost me £600 but i think well worth it. There was no chance we would of got it if we had done it ourselfs

My girl stll thinks she has to do somthing else, ive told her its all finished. Dont think she can get her head round how quickly its all been done.

Only headache has been trying to explain to her that a 6 month visa doesnt mean yhat she has to stay for 6 months. For some reason she also thinks i have to accompany her into the uk.

Biggest shock will be be the weather when she steps off the plane in september 555

Congratulations!  I have my suspicions about the "interview" because, as you know, the Embassy stopped requiring interviews for Visitor Visas a long time ago, unless something needs to be clarified.  The fact that the "interview" was made 2 days after the visa had been issued makes me even more suspicious that maybe it was the Agent interviewing her, in order to justify their charges!

£600 is a hell of a lot to pay for what is really a straightforward process, but at least you got the result you wanted! 

How long did she say she planned to stay in her application?  It's recommended that she stick to this, despite the fact that she could stay 6 months, as they will check it if she applies again and, unless she can show good reason for changing her mind, it might jeopardise future applications.

Make sure she has your phone number to hand when she arrives at the airport as the Border control people could quiz her about where she's staying etc. and some girls get flustered and arouse suspicions.  If her English isn't that good they may need to speak to you.  If she's cool, she should pass straight through!

Let us know how she enjoys the trip!

Shes staying 2 weeks

It definitely wasnt the agent that rung, we used someone that shes known for a few years.

One thing i got wrong was the date of issue.

After looking again theres acutally 2 dates on it

One is the valid from date ( the date that we asked on the application for the visa to be valid from)

And the 2nd date was the acutal issue date of the visa, after looking again this date was the day after the phone call.

I will probably fly over here with her, apparently theres some new rules which mean she can use the eu/uk passport lane so no waiting around in the non eu q at immigration

Overriding concern for the ECO is simply will the Girl return at the end fo 6 months. Any doubt and they get declined,

• 4 weeks later...

For the visa it is usually 6 months multiple entry. When you put down the travel dates for arriving and departing it is very important to stick to those dates or on next application it could prove difficult if they think she overstayed. Overstay includes them being told the applicant will come for 2 weeks but stays 3 weeks etc. etc. and always remember the visa does not actually guarantee entry into the uk if border patrol are being suspicious.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Hi mate.  I'm trying to do exactly the same with my Thai gf.  Can you recomend a visa company to use?  Also where you in the U.K when you applied for her visa or with her in Thailand?

• 2 months later...

I think its a bloody disgrace that the lefty "right on" brigade have for years bullied & shouted down any one who criticises the crazy mass immigration of muslims etc into the Uk, whilst at the same time any one wanting to have a thai girl friend over for a holiday has to go to ridiculous lengths, with no guarantee of success ........... 

These cunts who have allowed this situation to arise need locking up for treason!

Archived