Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The best steak i had - Moon Light Restaurant@Jomtien

Well people i felt i had to give a shout out to this cracking restaurant located at View Talay 7 condominium. Below is the name card i took from the restaurant.

20150505_222856.jpg

Before i talk about my experience in this restaurant, i want to make a full disclosure that the owner of the restaurant is a friend of mine and he was the one who invited me to his restaurant for a meal.

I decided to write about it because the meal was among the top 10 meals i had in my 40plus years walking on this earth and it seems that its a pity the restaurant is not that well known even though its listed in Tatler's Best Restaurants in Thailand.(see below).

20150505_194916.jpg

20150505_194906.jpg

Even though i am grateful Mr T invited me for the meal but should the meal be sub par, i would not write about it, period. I am a fussy person when it comes to food. Its tough to please me and blow me away but the meal yesterday was really quite amazing. Anyways here is my experience but your experience should you decide to head down there for a meal might differ.

Mr T hired a normal taxi to pick me up at 730pm located at Soi 8. I boarded the taxi without any fanfare and in about 20-25 mins i arrived at the restaurant. Ok i'll be frank here, when the taxi arrived i could not see the restaurant at all. There was no signboard, no lights, i knew i was heading to View Talay 7 condo but dang where is the restaurant? 

Luckily the taxi driver knew and he was ushers me to a flight of stairs which led me to this little quaint restuarant. First look at it, it was very cosy and quite lavishly decorated.

20150505_192412.jpg

I think the restaurant could only seat around 20 pax max. Not sure and i did not ask. I entered the restaurant and the manager Artie ushered me to a seat and gave the drink list.

First look - well Its singapore prices. Drinks from 200bt onwards. Not cheap but then this is a fine dining restaurant afterall.

I settled for water because i am planning to head to Walking Street later to party with friends. About 10 mins later, Mr T and his wife Mrs N arrived. We said our hello and Mr T went asked me what i would like to eat. I was reading the menu before their arrival and there were some signature dishes so i told him I'll try the signature dishes.

So he order scallops, beef carpachoe (wrong spelling) as the appettizer, Soup is lobster bisque and beef rossini(medium) for me as the main course suggested by the manger Artie. Mr T will be having the fish and his wife just a salad.

A min later Artie comes with a bottle of red wine from Italy and the drinks started to flow. As we were chit chatting and talking about anything, Artie the manger comes with bread, butter and this spread. So i went for it and guess what, the bread is piping hot. Yep! It just came out of the oven, the two small sized loafs of bread. I must admit i was impressed. I have had warm bread in restaurants but never served straight out from the oven. The bread spread was absolutely delicious. I told mr T that i would be very happy just eating bread and this delicious spread and i am not kidding. I enjoyed this combo tremedously.

After eating 3/4 of the loaf, the appetitzer came and it looked great. Very tastefully presented but will the taste be as good as the presentation?

20150505_201749.jpg

Scallops

20150505_202038.jpg

Raw beef carpachoe

My view of the appettitzer - scallops were very fresh, beef and the cheese were a perfect match. I had two scallops and one raw beef before my soup arrived. And would be most happy to finish all of it but i still have soup and the main course so i insisted Mr T and Mrs N eat the appettizers whille i enjoy my lobster bisque.

20150505_202812.jpg

First taste of it and there was an explosion of lobster. Man, this lobster bisque is divine. I gluped every drop of it and put in the rest of the bread into it. Yea...not the classiest move but with soup so delicious and i feel i love to eat bread dipped with soup. Yea....i don't give a damn and told Mrs N. She laughed and said she does the same thing too....LOL.

Man, I should have taken a photo the end state of the soup, i cleaned it out!!!

After the soup, we chatted some more about life and then came the main course. My beef rossini.

20150505_204405.jpg

Mr T's fish dish arrived at the same moment. I did get the name of the dish but it looks delicious too. Maybe next time??

20150505_204412.jpg

Mrs N's salad arrived too but its a salad what can i say about it? I'm just not a salad person, i'm a meat eater and proud of it!! LOL

So of course I didn't take a photo of the salad.

I cut into the beef and it was like a hot knife guiding into a piece of butter. The inside of beef was done just right; a bit pink. Just look at the pic below.

20150505_204621.jpg

I tasted the beef togrther with the foie gras and OMG it was transported to taste heaven. I could dance on the sofa for joy and do the silly Tom Cruise thing but i didn't i just sat down enjoying every piece of that beef together with the spinach, carrots and foie gras. Needless to say, i cleaned out every bit of that dish and at this moment was totally stuffed.

Mr T suggested i try their signature dessert, chocolate lava cake but i couldn't stomach anything else. So i declined and ordered an after meal coffee followed by whisky and a shot of vodlka whilst chit chatting with my two friends.

Tonight, I have had a most amazing meal with two great friends and time just flew by. 2.5hrs had passed by and i had to leave to pick up my date. Mr T actually invited me to partying with him at Moulin Rouge but I told him i couldn't which is the truth. So he ordered each one of us a Hoegarden beer, drank beer whikst walking to Jomtien beach. He hailed a Baht Bus which brough us to Walking Street and we parted ways at around 10.30pm.

Frankly i am very grateful to Mr T for an incredible meal. I enjoyed the food so much it was unbelievable. The company was sublime too. It was one of my best nights in Thailand and the memories of this meal will remind with me for a very very long time. I'm surprised the restaurant wasn't more popular. Its really a pity. Everything about this place spells class and quality. Of course with that the prices equally match it. My appetitzer, lobster bisque, beef rossini with wine would easily set me back more than 5000bt. Was it worth it??

To me most definitely.I would go there again but this time not as a guest of the boss but as a paying customer. I had ate at Casa Pasal before and the experience at that place was good too. Prices are almost the same but if i would to compare the two. I think moonlight takes the cake.

Given my very positive experience of this place. I do hope my little review would make some people interested in checking Moon Light restaurant out. I really think its a pity the place is not well known and i hope it will remain in the F&B scene in Thailand for a long time.

Next Trip, i'll be going there for sure.

BTW here is the website of their restaurant. Apparently they do provide free car service. LOL,

I highly recommend moonlight if budget is not much of an issue. Do check it out if you can. If the food is as good as i say it is, do give them a shout out to your friends and any forums because i think they deserve to be more successful.

http://www.moonlightpattaya.com/

Cheers

Thanks for the review.

I'm staying at VT7 in June/July. I'd already seen the restaurant's website.

There is no chance I'll be eating there.

The cost of one meal is about what I plan to spend on food in a week.

:-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Out of my price range but it does look tasty! Maybe good for a special occasion.

No chance i'm going .....but the inside of that beef just looks wrong. Like really fatty?

Menu starting prices; Appetizers 250 baht, Main Courses 290 baht, Gourmet Imported Steaks 790 baht, Desserts 220 baht.
 Average price per person for a 3-course meal inc. beer or house wine: 1400 baht. 

not too bad price for 3-course meal if thats the price might give it a go thanks for review.

a bit far maybe but its always fun to go see new places specially if not on the go in bars :D

Menu starting prices; Appetizers 250 baht, Main Courses 290 baht, Gourmet Imported Steaks 790 baht, Desserts 220 baht.
 Average price per person for a 3-course meal inc. beer or house wine: 1400 baht. 

not too bad price for 3-course meal if thats the price might give it a go thanks for review.

a bit far maybe but its always fun to go see new places specially if not on the go in bars :D

I think you read the front page of the website but not the actual menu :-)

Salsa followed by lamb shank followed by cheesecake about 1750 baht without drinks. The three course meal reviewed above (appetiser, soup, main) about 2700 without drinks,

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I think you read the front page of the website but not the actual menu :-)

Salsa followed by lamb shank followed by cheesecake about 1750 baht without drinks. The three course meal reviewed above (appetiser, soup, main) about 2700 without drinks,

yeah there are few prices that pop in to eye :D but overall can choose something not too pricy too. maybe too fancy place to my taste lol

http://www.moonlightpattaya.com/menu/

The website has the menu which include prices of the items.

The stuff i ate, i agree they were really expensive. Lobster Bisque, scallops and the cut of meat with Foie gras...all the quality stuff. I don't do the fine dining thing often. But the meal i had almost everything were delicious. Except for the for salad which Mrs N ordered. Yea...that's pretty normal.

There are cheaper things on the menu which i believe would be probably as good. I didn't had any of those so i couldn't write about it. I wrote about what i ate and said it as it is. If i didn't enjoy the meal so much i probably will not give this place a most positive review, friend or no friend.

@Taylor1975 - To me the beef was perfectly done. It was soft, moist and a most succulent cut. I cleaned up the plate. Don't take my word for it. If the price is not a concern do check it out yourself. But be forewarned the beef rossini was one of the most expensive items in the menu and i did did a double take on the price when i saw the price of the beef rossini.

This restaurant is for days you'll want to splash out and have a great meal. Its definitely not cheap but prices are on par with Casa Pascal along second road.

I do hope some BMs will give it a shot and write their own experiences but whether you wanna eat there or not, its really up to you.

Its a review. Experiences might differ. LOL

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Fair play. Glad you enjoyed the experience and sounds memorable.

The pricing structure is way beyond what 95% of guys on this board will be prepared to pay for a meal as for those that would consider it do you really think they would travel over to Jomtien ..............sorry but I cannot imagine "Moonlight" having much of a future......harsh,maybe but sadly true :SoWhat1:

Have to try their steak we may have a newly crowned champ in the battle of the steaks?  Price looks similar to Steak Co., Beefeaters, etc.

ive been once, excellent food..

on a par with Brunos or cafe di Amis..

i like the ambiance there too

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Have to try their steak we may have a newly crowned champ in the battle of the steaks?  Price looks similar to Steak Co., Beefeaters, etc.

400g Australian black Angus ribeye steak at Steak and Co 945 baht.

400g Australian grain fed ribeye steak at Moonlight 1490 baht PLUS 10% service PLUS 7% VAT = 1743 baht

That is approx 85% more expensive! Hardly similar and not aiming for the same customers me thinks

Archived