IGNORED

Ong sa diao

Keep hearing a Thai song called "Ong Sa Diao" and from what I can figure out it means "the water jar is emptied suddenly" - I'm sure I must have got the translation wrong. Any ideas? (probably laamok or Dr. O will have an idea)

Diao should mean alone.....the rest has me mystified.....granted Thai transliterates to English as bad as English transliterates to Thai.

"Don't trouble trouble, 'till trouble troubles you." ---- Unknown

"Damn if I'da known it was gonna be that kinda party, I'da stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes" --- The Beasty Boys (Ill Communication)

Diao should mean alone.....the rest has me mystified.....granted Thai transliterates to English as bad as English transliterates to Thai.

Doesn't it also mean soon or suddenly?

Not sure I think it depends on context....like "nit diao" means little bit. I won't be anything relating to water (or most liquids) without the word "nam" attached to it. one thing to be careful of is if "Diao" is actually "Giao" then you are talking about something that is fried :) . Sorry man I know I am not much help, my thai is not that good.

Edited by DakLing

"Don't trouble trouble, 'till trouble troubles you." ---- Unknown

"Damn if I'da known it was gonna be that kinda party, I'da stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes" --- The Beasty Boys (Ill Communication)

Oug sar diao means, :) Oug sar degree Diao means alone , make of it what you want , some times Thai does not translate to English we have 26 letters in the alphabet they have 44,

Yeah it just means one degree, as in Celsius.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Ah, I see - I was looking at ong and sa as two words whereas they are a single entity in this case. Cheers.