IGNORED

Thai Soap Operas

DakLing

Not sure how many posters have ever seen Thai soap operas but I am curios about those that have. do you think this is the lowest form of entertainment on the planet or do you have one that is even worse. The only thing I can think of that may be worse are the Korean soap operas that the Thais dilligently dub into Thai. In general both are total crap. On the other hand in from Japan is "Dog and Monkey".....or is it "Monkey and Dog" ..... in any event it doesn't matter this show is brilliant!

"Don't trouble trouble, 'till trouble troubles you." ---- Unknown

"Damn if I'da known it was gonna be that kinda party, I'da stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes" --- The Beasty Boys (Ill Communication)

I'm amazed how much of that shit the girls can watch and how they seemed to be hooked on it.

One chick i knew in bkk would not go out when her favorite shit show was on..........crazy. No fucking while it was on either so i hated the shit...........lol.

But then, i think it's a toss up between sleeping and watching tv as to what they love doing the most......................lol.

flicked on to some when having a rough day in bed and even though i cant understand a word they are saying, it seems like a whole load of shit!!!

not my cuppa tea anyway, if im well enough to move Im either getting my end away or in a bar getting my end away!!

Edited by beefy

Thai Soap Operas, Is there a worse form of entertainment asks the OP? Yes.................. BIG BLOODY BROTHER! Total shite! Any programme that can inflict the likes of that thick chav dullard Jade Goody needs to be taken off the air fast!!! At least in the past they had the occasional bit of totty on it. They don't even do that now.

The story lines are all the same as well. Super rich families, a few really bitchy stunners that the guys always slap the shit out of. Then always the happy ending where the the girl who's had the crap beaten out of her for weeks ends up with the super rich good guys and live happily ever after.

what shocks me is that they won't show cigarettes or knives or guns, but then they show some guy knocking the crap out of some girl!!! what's that about??

in january, I watched

http://www.nangthai.de/web-shop/eng/detail...m-Nang-Fah.html

and after couple of days, this soap causes demonstrations, thai airways was making a big protest,

to much sex, to much rape.

The soaps are a mirror of self censorship, don`t show drinking, smoking, weapons,

all asian countries getting more and more conservative over the years.

I dont reckon they are as bad as some of the US ones :the Bold and the Beautiful" as an example. my 85 year old mum always watches this and nothing much ever happens and it has the same 8-10 characters for years. at least there is lots of action on the thai ones, ok its all over the top bullshit but its exciting (at least it would be if you could understand thai)

The soaps are good insight into the Thai psyche.

Here they show all the nasty yelling and slapping each other that is considered impolite or a loss of face in public.

I don't know if Thai soaps are the worst. I caught a glimpse of an Indian soap Opera on Sophon cable this week. Total over dramatized BS. I swear they showed some guy ripping some kind of necklace off a hottie from about 10 different angles. Close ups on eyes and reaction shots. It was like watching the gun duel in last five minutes of the Good the Bad and the Ugly but not in a good way.

Worst form of entertainment - may be but despite censorship on some subjects there does seem to an awful lot of slapping, hitting, and throwing of things in the very frequent arguments that appear. Possible impressionable Thai girls see this sort of thing and it explains why farangs sometimes are on the receiving end of it.

I also watched one particular soap - on several different occasions women were tied to beds to keep them prisoner. Censorship seems to miss things that would be unacceptable at prime time in the West.

My lady has to watch one or two of these soap operas every night before she's willing to go anywhere. I can't understand

that because when you are a little more experienced lover of LOS and have been here many times you know what happens

in the shows - and it's quite boring. If you come back to Thailand after a few month one of the shows has come to an end but

the next one started already and has a different name but the story is always the same and even the actors are sometimes the

same. Talking about shows - I think maybe a good deal worse are the stupid Thai game shows. Can't stand it for 10 minutes.

AHHHRGG - I drink a beer instead.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

Yes the censorship thing is a bit of a joke. They won't show a lit cigarette but then they cut away to a motorcycle accident and show a guy who is literally spread all over the highway.

"Don't trouble trouble, 'till trouble troubles you." ---- Unknown

"Damn if I'da known it was gonna be that kinda party, I'da stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes" --- The Beasty Boys (Ill Communication)

on several different occasions women were tied to beds to keep them prisoner.

this is one of the fun things,

when katoeys act as a woman so credible,

on the other thing, they give many lukrueng actors a very important platform,

in showbiz, it`s easy for them, to find a job, where mix race doesn`t matter in thai society.

They are crap, but see if you want to learn Thai they are actually a good way to learn it as long as your missus is good at english. I have found myself watching them and i have honestly picked up more words and sentences off them than off any bar girl.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Yes, I had to endure it too in Bangkok..The girls love them. One girl kept finding these awful SciFi movies and ghost movies.. they were so stupid..but when next to a babe..ya know a commercial is coming!!!!!!!!!