IGNORED

Weather in late August / early Sept

hansumman

Hi We are planning a trip to Thailand for 3 weeks plan is to start off in Phuket, then fly to Koh Samui then fly to Pattaya. However im a bit worried that as we are going in August / September we could be stuck in rainy season, epsically in Samui given that our main reason for going here was to chill on the beach. Does anyone have experiences of being here during this time of year, if so how was the weather did it disrupt your holiday much? Thanks :)

Technically speaking August/September is in the 'wet season' on the west coast (Phuket) with September and October being the wettest. It should be drier on the east coast (Samui) at this time as their wet season is November/December.  

However this is the theory as I was in Samui last week and had some very wet days and it was not supposed to be the wet season!

Just go.  Its warm. Rain can be nice...

Weather in Thailand can be monsoon affected or typhoon affected.  Ive now been most times of the year and it has always been enjoyable.

September in Thailand can be rainy but usually good weather also.

I was in the LOS from 12 August to early September, and I had apart from statistics and forecasts very little rain. The weather is unpredictable in any season. The last trip was one day in March as big rain that soi Buakhao were flooded, some people just below the neck:GoldenSmile1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Archived