IGNORED

Buying used Big Bike with Greenbook

Blueman Group

Hi Guys,

I bought a new Bike last year from Honda Big Wing and all the paperwork and Greenbook was taken care of by the dealership.

A friend of mine is leaving Thailand and selling his 1 year old Big Bike. He bought it from Honda Big Wing Korat and it has a Green Book.

Since I never bought a used bike in Thailand...what does he have to do to sign over the Greenbook or do we have to go someplace to get it transferred into my name....Thanks in advance for any help....8-)

Don't hold me to this as it may of changed but if he's a farang a vaild signed copy of his passport with a current visa and of course the signing of the book and also the sale transfer paper.

Hopefully someone will agree or correct me as the last time I bought a bike in Thailand was probably 10 years ago.

I'd check all the numbers match the book also. Engine, frame.

:)

Thanks DAVETHAILAND!

The Bikes are OK on the numbers, he's a friend actually and we bought the same bikes the same day from Honda Big Wing Korat...

OK on the Greenbook signature and passport visa stuff...

So I need a  "Sale Transfer" from as well.....any idea where these can be found? Maybe I am better going to Honda Big Wing and paying them a small fee to do the paperwork for me.....Thanks again.!

Thanks DAVETHAILAND!

The Bikes are OK on the numbers, he's a friend actually and we bought the same bikes the same day from Honda Big Wing Korat...

OK on the Greenbook signature and passport visa stuff...

So I need a  "Sale Transfer" from as well.....any idea where these can be found? Maybe I am better going to Honda Big Wing and paying them a small fee to do the paperwork for me.....Thanks again.!

I would say thats a good idea especially as it came from them in the first place.

When I traded my scooter in on a new one 18 months ago I had to have TWO Residence letters from Immigration in Jomtien. One for the purchase of the new bike and one for the selling of my old bike.

• 8 months later...

Don't hold me to this as it may of changed but if he's a farang a vaild signed copy of his passport with a current visa and of course the signing of the book and also the sale transfer paper.

Hopefully someone will agree or correct me as the last time I bought a bike in Thailand was probably 10 years ago.

I'd check all the numbers match the book also. Engine, frame.

Just to make it more difficult, i believe the supporting docs with signature and date are only valid for 30 days.

Archived