IGNORED

$200 a month apartment in Chiang Mai

QuotaMan

Looks very nice, small but plenty enough space for me.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Looks like a pretty standard 30m2 apartment.  There must be loads of them in Chiang Mai for the uni students.  

• 2 months later...

Hey, i'll  be arriving in Bangkok for my first trip to Thailand on Sep 29th. The more research i do, the more i want to go to Chiang Mai, would it be possible to rent a place like this for ~6,000-8,000 Baht for one month only?

Also recommendations on a neighborhood or a good way to find a short term rental would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, i'll  be arriving in Bangkok for my first trip to Thailand on Sep 29th. The more research i do, the more i want to go to Chiang Mai, would it be possible to rent a place like this for ~6,000-8,000 Baht for one month only?

Also recommendations on a neighborhood or a good way to find a short term rental would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can easily rent a place like that for 200 USD plus utilities. I did. The problem with Chiang Mai is that it is very spread out, so you could end up anywhere in the city. You never really know where you are in CM. The closer you are to the night market, the closer you are to the center of town. However, that area is more expensive.

6000 Baht can get you a place like this almost anywhere in Thailand. Go up to 10,000 and you can have a pool!

Yes, you can easily rent a place like that for 200 USD plus utilities. I did. The problem with Chiang Mai is that it is very spread out, so you could end up anywhere in the city. You never really know where you are in CM. The closer you are to the night market, the closer you are to the center of town. However, that area is more expensive.

Thanks, i was planning on renting/buying a scooter to get around.

Where did you stay, and how did you like it?

I like quiet, but i don't want to be too far from the action

Thanks, i was planning on renting/buying a scooter to get around.

Where did you stay, and how did you like it?

I like quiet, but i don't want to be too far from the action

I stayed near Chiang Mai University, which is far away from the action. Overall I liked it and it was quiet. Motorbikes are a popular way to get around anywhere in Thailand. However, CM is so spread out that you are very likely to get lost on a motorbike and not know where you are. Unlike your home country, you can't just ask for directions unless you speak Thai.

try galare thong condos ...I rented a decent one for about 7k baht

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

When travelling always get a business card from a business near where you are staying to find your way back , not the one you are staying at but the hotel around the corner or over the road, that way no one knows where to come and find you.

When you get lost and that is how you discover new places and things you get home by showing this card to people and they will direct you.

there was a bottle of dr bronners peppermint soap in the bathroom, can you buy this in Thailand????

love that stuff!!!

too small for me, I like the View Talay studio size, what is that, 48 sq m?

When travelling always get a business card from a business near where you are staying to find your way back , not the one you are staying at but the hotel around the corner or over the road, that way no one knows where to come and find you.

When you get lost and that is how you discover new places and things you get home by showing this card to people and they will direct you.

Brilliant - elegant - love it!

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Archived