Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dirty Jomtien, Pattaya

option124

Hi

Last time i was in Jomtien, Pattaya 2010, I was thinking to myself, this i a dirty place. I recently visited Jomtien, again. during Songkran. Jomtien has turned for the worse. Thai people do not who to maintain clean streets, there´s garbage everywere, it smells bad, especially when warm, on beach lots of plastic material, cigarette butts etc. Stray dogs everywere.

It is not getting better - worse.   

Rainy season! When coming to Patt, first day 13april, it had been raining, a lot. What happened? As usual some streets were flooded, South Patt, near 2nd road had water up to my thighs. Disgusting. Can you imagine what shit floats around in the water? Are they stupid? 

Everybody knows their draining system is not up to date. In high season there must be lots of money coming in .Why not take part of that money to develope watersystem?

In 2010 when entering Pattaya i saw an intersection flooded and there were cars submerged in water.I wonder what happened to drivers. They do not know how to construct safe roads?

It would be nice to hear your opinion.Are they going to do something? Anyway, í dont like this .... anymoore. They have to step up if they want me to visit Patttaya again.

Thank´s

If u think that is bad, try Jakarta.

jomtien beach wednesday this week.........

april 29 003 (Custom).JPG

city hall clean up squad

april 29 001 (Custom).JPG

april 29 005 (Custom).JPG

looks ok to me

april 29 006 (Custom).JPG

april 29 022 (Custom).JPG

the rain in bang saray missed jomtien that day

Perhaps you should stay at home....

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

My only mission in LOS is to enjoy not to observe & comment infrastructure.... but well, kinda like getting stuck in a bar and observe how traffic moves in 2 ft of water.

Leave the guy alone, he has very valid points. 

Leave the guy alone, he has very valid points. 

True .... leave him alone .... in Sweden ... 

I stay in Pattaya for the girls , couldn't care less how the streets in Jomtien look . 

try China, you find Thailand to be heaven. ;-)

The same streets flood at the same places every time and it will never change. They do things the Thai way, have meetings, talk about the problem, then the only decision is to have another meeting. Been here 12 years and I can always predict where the floods will be. Perhaps there is no money left to fix the problems after everyone involved has creamed their bit off the top?

I don't like the gravy they put on the meatballs in Ikea but I still go there.

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

its nicer than Pattaya beach for sure

I love Jomtien.  Many good memories.  Ok its not Pattaya and it isn't Phuket, Krabi, Koh Chang but its a nice mix of locals and international visitors.

In my 10 years visiting it has always had some aromas, especially near the dumpster bins or drains.  As I say for Bangkok and Pattaya best not to breath in too deeply.

When it rains in Pattaya/Jomtien, it is a deluge. I love it because it does clean all the shit out of the city.  Don't go swimming at that time. But even in Phuket one night we waded down to the beach restaurant in waist deep water after same kind of deluge.

Things have actually improved. Thapraya road down to Jomtien was rubbish when they were building the new road, now its sort of like a decent road of sorts.

Don't sweat it I say... if you want neat n clean - Singapore - where short time is 5000b equivalent....and rooms are mostly $150-200+ per night...

Thanks for all the answers..

JB 

• 3 weeks later...

Thailand....it's different.

The OP is right of course, and it is his right to point these things out. It also has value, because without criticism things often do not change.

But no place is perfect, and we must never lose sight of that simple fact.

The people who have chosen to live in Pattaya also smell the smells and wade through the floods. But they accept these as tradeoffs for the things that they do enjoy about the city. So the idea is to keep our sights on our objectives, and decide whether the smells and floods are worth it. Obviously they are, for a large number of people.

"I was complaining I had no shoes, then I met a man with no feet." If people think Pattaya has problems they should look at some of the other major tourist destinations in Asia. The garbage cans are open on the beaches here. In many cities there are no garbage cans, only the garbage.

Pattaya has made huge progress in the last 10 to 15 years. Roads, sanitation, signage, law enforcement, they have all improved. Do we want it to become another Singapore and wage war against chewing gum? I know I dont want that level of enforcement. Do I want things to improve? Sure, and I hope they will.

Some roads flood here after a heavy downpour. They drain pretty quickly. What about the American cities after a heavy snowstorm? Happens every year, and every year highways and roads shut down, sometimes for days on end.

Hi

Last time i was in Jomtien, Pattaya 2010, I was thinking to myself, this i a dirty place. I recently visited Jomtien, again. during Songkran. Jomtien has turned for the worse. Thai people do not who to maintain clean streets, there´s garbage everywere, it smells bad, especially when warm, on beach lots of plastic material, cigarette butts etc. Stray dogs everywere.

It is not getting better - worse.   

Rainy season! When coming to Patt, first day 13april, it had been raining, a lot. What happened? As usual some streets were flooded, South Patt, near 2nd road had water up to my thighs. Disgusting. Can you imagine what shit floats around in the water? Are they stupid? 

Everybody knows their draining system is not up to date. In high season there must be lots of money coming in .Why not take part of that money to develope watersystem?

In 2010 when entering Pattaya i saw an intersection flooded and there were cars submerged in water.I wonder what happened to drivers. They do not know how to construct safe roads?

It would be nice to hear your opinion.Are they going to do something? Anyway, í dont like this .... anymoore. They have to step up if they want me to visit Patttaya again.

Thank´s

If the infrastructure was up to western standards then there most likely wouldn't be girls available you can shag for peanuts. It goes with the territory .....

• 3 years later...

When I was in Jomtien it rained the whole drive there.

So the ocean was looking quite angry and brown. It was definitely not the beautiful inviting scene from the travel brochures. But that is the weather. I did come to realize the beaches in the south are exactly like the travel brochures (when not in Storm). I highly recommend jumping a flight south and visiting Phi Phi or the surrounding area... Totally... Totally awesome.

Still loved Jomtien but not for idealic beach scrapes.

I likes Jomtien because it is very near to Pattaya than any city in the world . Jomtien is a haven for me where I just want a peace and quiet away from Pattaya even though I love Pattaya .  Probably a shortest trip to Pattaya is a blessing rather  than my hometown which is 7,000 miles away .  Jomtien is completely different from Pattaya so I can have two choice everyday of the week . If I want quiet life , I stay in Jomtien by the beach , swimming pool or watching movies at condo ,  if I am feeling randy and merry , I go to Pattaya ... great choice to have in a very short distance. 

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 08:27, option124 said:

In high season there must be lots of money coming in .Why not take part of that money to develope watersystem?

oh yeah I'm sure the 80% of my holiday budget that is spent on sex will definitely be going straight to Pattaya City Hall..get a grip

On 5/2/2015 at 00:09, LRanger said:

Don't sweat it I say... if you want neat n clean - Singapore - where short time is 5000b equivalent....and rooms are mostly $150-200+ per night...

And Sweden is extremely clean. Maybe the comparison with LOS is the problem.

OP hasn’t visited the forum for over 3 years so I doubt he’ll be responding to any posts :rolleyes:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...
OP hasn’t visited the forum for over 3 years so I doubt he’ll be responding to any posts :rolleyes:
Now that you mention it... I'm a newbie and searched for anything relevant to me thoughts at the time.

Learning curve... Never participated in internet chat much... But learning a little more daily... Like check the post dates... Wishing all the best... To all the posters and readers...

Archived