Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

1-Day overstay and extension

I had planned to go to Jomtien and get an extension of my 30 day visa waiver stamp today, but had forgotten they are closed today.

That means that I can not go before Monday, and my stamp is only valid until Sunday.

Anyone know the immigrations view on that dilemma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they may allow you a grace period of one day since they are closed on the day it expires

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

No problems , if they're closed the day day you need to do your extension you good to go the next day . 

Thanks guys, good to know.

I noticed the office in my condo building was open today even though it's a holiday, so I took the chance and went to Soi 5 - and they are open today, due to being closed 2-5 May because of coronation day.

while you're here rather than start a new thread can anyone tell me if the 30 days starts on the day of arrival?

for example if I landed on the 1st of June would my visa expire on 30th or 1st of July??  

thanks

Disclaimer.... yea I'm an Idiot

while you're here rather than start a new thread can anyone tell me if the 30 days starts on the day of arrival?

for example if I landed on the 1st of June would my visa expire on 30th or 1st of July??  

thanks

30 th june.

the day you land even if is 23 30 is counted.

the day you leave is also counted even if it is 00 30.

you get  30 days which is 29 nights

30 th june.

the day you land even if is 23 30 is counted.

the day you leave is also counted even if it is 00 30.

you get  30 days which is 29 nights

Are border runs still a viable option?

Are border runs still a viable option?

If you arrive on a 30 day visa waiver stamp, it's hardly worth the trouble to do a visa run and get 15/30 days (depending of your nationality), when you easily can get 30 days at the Immigration in Jomtien.

They seem to have cleaned up the shop in Jomtien, I wasn't asked for a "special contribution", and haven't heard of anyone being asked to pay extra for the last 2-3 months.

When I was there, one guy did only get a 7 day extension though (which he wasn't happy about), but I don't know what the reason was.

If you arrive on a 30 day visa waiver stamp, it's hardly worth the trouble to do a visa run and get 15/30 days (depending of your nationality), when you easily can get 30 days at the Immigration in Jomtien.

They seem to have cleaned up the shop in Jomtien, I wasn't asked for a "special contribution", and haven't heard of anyone being asked to pay extra for the last 2-3 months.

When I was there, one guy did only get a 7 day extension though (which he wasn't happy about), but I don't know what the reason was.

But if you get the 30 day extension at Jomtien, then can you still do a visa run when the 30 days have expired? My understanding that all extensions are now 30 days, even if you arrived on  a 30 day visa waiver. Hence, there are no longer 7 day extensions, according to my understanding.

But if you get the 30 day extension at Jomtien, then can you still do a visa run when the 30 days have expired? My understanding that all extensions are now 30 days, even if you arrived on a 30 day visa waiver. Hence, there are no longer 7 day extensions, according to my understanding.

Well... When you do the extension in Jomtien, you tell them how many days you want the extension to be. You can get UP TO 30 days.

As I wrote, I witnessed a guy at the immigration only getting a 7 day extension - I don't know the reason.

As far as I Know (BM filibuster has mentioned it a few times), only people from a G7 country get a 30 day stamp at land borders. If you do a visa run after you're 30 day extension expires, it's (as always) up to the immigration officer wether you will be allowed inside Thailand again, or not. The immigration officers are not very consistent in their decisions.

Agreed Jomtien seems to have cleaned up its act.

I went last week...got the 30 days....Baht 1,900.

The whole thing took 12 minutes.

12 MINUTES !!!!!

Is this a new world record?

Well... When you do the extension in Jomtien, you tell them how many days you want the extension to be. You can get UP TO 30 days.

As I wrote, I witnessed a guy at the immigration only getting a 7 day extension - I don't know the reason.

As far as I Know (BM filibuster has mentioned it a few times), only people from a G7 country get a 30 day stamp at land borders. If you do a visa run after you're 30 day extension expires, it's (as always) up to the immigration officer wether you will be allowed inside Thailand again, or not. The immigration officers are not very consistent in their decisions.

He may not have had a tourist visa (or waiver).  If he had a non-immigrant visa of any type (B A O) he can only get 7 days (those visaa are 3 months so they don't allow an extra month extension.

He may not have had a tourist visa (or waiver). If he had a non-immigrant visa of any type (B A O) he can only get 7 days (those visaa are 3 months so they don't allow an extra month extension.

That might be it, but he sure wasn't happy about it.

4 and 5 may , they were closed too. i find it out because visa ends 5 may , i went there today 6 may , no problems. they didnt even mentioned it. just told me i got extention to 4 june.  so no problems.

Overstayed by 3 days. ~Paid 1500baht at the airport. 500 Baht a day, no fuss na hassle no questions just a piece of paperwork an fine. Done in under 20 minutes.

Allot less hassle than going to Jomtien.

Just a thought.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

Overstayed by 3 days. ~Paid 1500baht at the airport. 500 Baht a day, no fuss na hassle no questions just a piece of paperwork an fine. Done in under 20 minutes.

Allot less hassle than going to Jomtien.

Just a thought.

And a nice thought it is - but it depends on how long time you are planning to stay.

Archived