Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Strikes affecting Thai flights

Scumbag

This one from Bangkok Post:

Nationwide strikes

By Post Reporters

Forty-three state enterprise labour unions under control of People's Alliance for Democracy organisers have agreed to stage strikes and to selectively cut water and electricity, halt Bangkok buses and delay all Thai International Airways flights beginning on Wednesday. The aim is to help PAD to force the government out of office.

Sawit Kaewwan, secretary-general of the State Enterprise Labour Relations Confederation and a core leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, said the unions will begin by cutting water and electricity supplies to provincial police offices - and then to other selected targets.

Telephone lines to government agencies and the homes of cabinet ministers will be cut.

Flights of Thai International flights will be delayed nationwide and about 80 per cent of Bangkok buses will stop running. In a reversal of the policy, train service was restored yesterday to the Northeast and North.

A union representative told the union meeting that the 7,500 staf of the Government Savings Bank will "follow the confederation's resolution."

Mr Sawit claimed the plan to cut essential services was in response to the use of force against PAD supporters.

Fellow PAD radical Sirichai Mai-ngam, president of the labour union at the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, said the announcement of the confederation was only a threat, but then immediately said it would be put into action. The moves by the PAD-friendly labour unions were intended to protect the interests of the nation and were not for the benefit of state enterprise workers.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I do hope all this is old news in 26 days :(

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

I was thinking the same thing but in 38 days

>> Telephone lines to government agencies and the homes of cabinet ministers will be cut. <<

I can understand the logic here ...

>> by cutting water and electricity supplies to provincial police offices <<

but pissing off the BIB does not seem like a good move. ???

Matrix:

Do you know how many monitors I have ruined trying to kill that damned bug!

Edited by lostagain

Hope they get it sorted by Sunday!.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I am fairly sure that when they say Thai International flights they mean Thai Airways International.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I'm nit a big lover and dont know a lot about politics but what are the kings army doing? Just letting it happen? I'd have thought theyd be in there cappin people asses

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

state of emergency in bangkok from tonite news flash on sky news

Could not find anything on Sky news but ...

Bangkok Post:

1 dead after clashes between protesters in Bangkok

http://www.axilltv.com/bkpost-2.php?newsid=338515

"... which eased up only after army troops with riot gear _ but no guns _ were dispatched to the scene by army commander Gen. Anupong Paochinda."

Death on the street

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=130255

"The army stepped in early on Tuesday after pro-government demonstrators attacked opponents occupying Government House and killed at least one protester from the People's Alliance for Democracy. The government declared a State of Emergency, effectively putting the army in control of security throughout the capital "

City police chief transferred

http://www.bangkokpost.com/010908_News/01Sep2008_news03.php

"Metropolitan Police chief Aswin Kwanmuang has been sidelined _ the first senior police officer to become a victim of the confrontation between the government and the People Alliance for Democracy (PAD). "

Foreign concern

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=130249

"As signs of violence continue to emerge between the People's Alliance for Democracy and the administration of Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, there is one group hoping for a miracle of peaceful reconciliation - the diplomatic corps."

see the second for "State of Emergency".

this is noot good.

Edited by lostagain

I hope this won't affect my travel plans to Phuket the first half of November. I might have to extend my stay in Pattaya, of course worse things could happen. :D

PAD

Edited by KhunK

A friend travelled today from Frankfurt to Bangkok and from there domestic to Koh Samui. He told me that he hadn't noticed any kind of action there. So it can't be too bad. :Weather1: