Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ladyboy pickpockets

blue1878

I have recently arrived home after having a great 3 week vacation in Pattaya but one night it nearly got spoilt. One night towards the end of my holiday me and my girlfriend ended up drinking in a bar in Soi 8. We eventually decided to go back the hotel. So we walked down to the Beach Road and got in the back of a baht bus. On the baht bus my G/F sat on my right side. On my left side was a Ladyboy. Oppisate this LB was another LB and sitting next to her/him was a thai lady. As soon as I sat down I felt uncomfortable. The LB sitting next to me sat at angle with her legs pointed towards me. She/he had placed a big bag across her legs. I thought to myself that's a sign that she is on the rob. The bag was to stop me seeing her hands. So I decided to keep my right arm to me side. My wallet was in my right touser pocket. I also had my digital camera with me. The camera was in it's pouch and attached to my trouser belt on my right side. At the time I was more concerned with my wallet. I then made a mistake. The thai lady oppisate asked me for the time. She asked me even though my thai girlfriend was wearing a watch. I looked at my watch which was on my left wrist and because it was dark on the back of the baht bus I also lifted up my right arm and used my right hand to hold the watch away from me so that I could see the time. This gave the LB on my right the chance to rob my camera. She managed to get my camera without me feeling a thing.

Anyway just after the Royal Garden Plaza me and my Thai G/F got of the Baht Bus. I luckily quickly realised that my camera had been robbed. So we decided to go to Walking Street so that we could inform the tourist police. My G/F quickly took over. She walked quickly ahead of me. And because the Beach Road was very busy we cought up with the Baht bus that we had just been on. My G/F saw the baht bus and noticed that the 2 LB's and the Thai lady were still on the back. So my G/F quickly walked over to the side of the baht bus and glared at the LB that had robbed me and I stood at the back of the Baht bus. The Lady boy panicked and told my girlfriend that she had saw my camera on the floor of the baht bus and had picked it up and was going to give it to the police. She then quickly told her friend. The other Lady boy to give the camera back. The other LB had to rumage through her bag to find it. She handed it back to me. I was so pleased to get it back that I just walked away from the baht bus. A few minutes later my girlfriend said that I should have taked a photograph of the 2 LB's and tthe thai lady and then shown the picture to the tourist police because they may have already robbed other tourists. At the time I didnt think about that because I was happy to get my camera back. So that night I had a lucky escape

Glad you manage to get your camera back and thanks for the heads up.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

very lucky but u seem 2 hear alot about the same kind of pickpocketin on bhat buses they work in teams

it aint easy bein sleazy

come and do the kii romance dance

bill oddie can spot your beaver from miles away

I've always been fairly careful when I've been out and about in Pattaya and this experiance has made me more careful

Freakin stupid to PP someone and then stay on the bus in that traffic. Lucky for you though!

Edited by Volsfan
Don_t_Give.jpg

Unfortunately this seems to be happening alot, I reported on an incident that happened to me. Since then I've seen many attempts, seem to be a number of gangs, all with much the same MO - asking you the time, getting you to look at a tourist leaflet, etc. They're really quite obvious and it astonishes me that a tourist resort would let this happen. Oh, who am I kidding, it doesn't astonish me at all - this is Pattaya after all.

Just watch your belongings on the baht buses folks.

Glad that you realized your camera was gone before the baht bus got too far away. Also your GF should be commended for taking such quick action as well. A smiliar thing happened to me on my last trip in July. I've been to Pattaya 16 times and never had any problems but I was fully aware that these types of problems exist. I was on a baht bus on second road with my GF and 4 other passengers.. The bus pulled over and picked up 2 LB's and 1 Thai lady and one of the LB's sat next to me on my right while the other one and the lady sat across. My GF was to me left and it was a tight fit. It wasn't 2 minutes after we took off I felt something on my rear pocket. I had shorts on and my wallet was in my right pocket and it had a button on it. The feeling I felt was like someone was trying to unbutton my pocket. Out of instinct my right hand went directly to my pocket in a flash and I felt my wallet was still there and my pocket was still button. I turned and looked at the LB, gave a disgusting look at him/her, turned to my GF and told her out loud that he tried to unbutton my pocket and get my wallet. By this time the other passengers were looking at us and at him. The next thing I knew he rang the buzzer and the baht bus pulled over and all 3 of them got out. I was lucky that he didn't get my wallet. I always put the wallet in my front pockets but for some reason this time I didn't. So from then on my wallet always went into my front pocket again and whenever I am on a baht bus one of my hands are on my wallet the whole time.

I have recently arrived home after having a great 3 week vacation in Pattaya but one night it nearly got spoilt. One night towards the end of my holiday me and my girlfriend ended up drinking in a bar in Soi 8. We eventually decided to go back the hotel. So we walked down to the Beach Road and got in the back of a baht bus. On the baht bus my G/F sat on my right side. On my left side was a Ladyboy. Oppisate this LB was another LB and sitting next to her/him was a thai lady. As soon as I sat down I felt uncomfortable. The LB sitting next to me sat at angle with her legs pointed towards me. She/he had placed a big bag across her legs. I thought to myself that's a sign that she is on the rob. The bag was to stop me seeing her hands. So I decided to keep my right arm to me side. My wallet was in my right touser pocket. I also had my digital camera with me. The camera was in it's pouch and attached to my trouser belt on my right side. At the time I was more concerned with my wallet. I then made a mistake. The thai lady oppisate asked me for the time. She asked me even though my thai girlfriend was wearing a watch. I looked at my watch which was on my left wrist and because it was dark on the back of the baht bus I also lifted up my right arm and used my right hand to hold the watch away from me so that I could see the time. This gave the LB on my right the chance to rob my camera. She managed to get my camera without me feeling a thing.

Anyway just after the Royal Garden Plaza me and my Thai G/F got of the Baht Bus. I luckily quickly realised that my camera had been robbed. So we decided to go to Walking Street so that we could inform the tourist police. My G/F quickly took over. She walked quickly ahead of me. And because the Beach Road was very busy we cought up with the Baht bus that we had just been on. My G/F saw the baht bus and noticed that the 2 LB's and the Thai lady were still on the back. So my G/F quickly walked over to the side of the baht bus and glared at the LB that had robbed me and I stood at the back of the Baht bus. The Lady boy panicked and told my girlfriend that she had saw my camera on the floor of the baht bus and had picked it up and was going to give it to the police. She then quickly told her friend. The other Lady boy to give the camera back. The other LB had to rumage through her bag to find it. She handed it back to me. I was so pleased to get it back that I just walked away from the baht bus. A few minutes later my girlfriend said that I should have taked a photograph of the 2 LB's and tthe thai lady and then shown the picture to the tourist police because they may have already robbed other tourists. At the time I didnt think about that because I was happy to get my camera back. So that night I had a lucky escape

Watch out for them on baht busses especially, they get on, put a large shopping bag on thier lap which covers what they are doing with thier hands which is probably trying to get into your pocket, just watch them generally.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Glad that you realized your camera was gone before the baht bus got too far away. Also your GF should be commended for taking such quick action as well. A smiliar thing happened to me on my last trip in July. I've been to Pattaya 16 times and never had any problems but I was fully aware that these types of problems exist. I was on a baht bus on second road with my GF and 4 other passengers.. The bus pulled over and picked up 2 LB's and 1 Thai lady and one of the LB's sat next to me on my right while the other one and the lady sat across. My GF was to me left and it was a tight fit. It wasn't 2 minutes after we took off I felt something on my rear pocket. I had shorts on and my wallet was in my right pocket and it had a button on it. The feeling I felt was like someone was trying to unbutton my pocket. Out of instinct my right hand went directly to my pocket in a flash and I felt my wallet was still there and my pocket was still button. I turned and looked at the LB, gave a disgusting look at him/her, turned to my GF and told her out loud that he tried to unbutton my pocket and get my wallet. By this time the other passengers were looking at us and at him. The next thing I knew he rang the buzzer and the baht bus pulled over and all 3 of them got out. I was lucky that he didn't get my wallet. I always put the wallet in my front pockets but for some reason this time I didn't. So from then on my wallet always went into my front pocket again and whenever I am on a baht bus one of my hands are on my wallet the whole time.

Yes I was really pleased with my girlfriend :D . That night she really looked after me and wasn't afraid to confront the ladyboy. I will looking after this thai lady

My first time there in october i will keep this in mind and maybe carry an old wallet with some monopoly money in back pocket,havin been to amsterdam,hamburg on mongering trips i usually only carry notes[what i need] in front pockets anyhow,one time in my sock in the dam rld after 2am,very dodgy there too.

I will carry old wallets filled with paper ... newspaper - just to see how they work,,,

nice one

there fucking crafty mate, when i first went to los 5 years ago, me and my mate were walking down soi 10 to the hotel, and 2 lady boys started to walk with us, i was steaming drunk and all over the place. my mate thought he was clever by putting his arm round one of them. the 2 lady boys put there arms round my mate while they were going down the road. we got to the hotel and said good bye to them, when we went up to our rooms he noticed that his gold chain had gone from around his neck, the fucking lady boys had it away, there very clever in what they do, you got to have your wits about you, other wise your fucked. they look out for the falang who are pissed up, sometimes easy targets.

:Dance1: Had it tried on me at Xmas one tried to distract me while the other

played with my leg with one hand ,the other hand she tried to get in my

pocket, but I felted it and was soon on to them they soon fucked off when I

called for the Tourist Police. Lucky but you have to keep your wits

about you at All times. :)

Luv a Thai Girl

Good idea, put in a fake note with a shitty message in thai and a few razor blades.......

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Bloody hell does sound like ill have to stay quite sober for a change,if youre leaving a club pretty late 2 3 4 ish beside Walking Street is it easy to get a taxi there,my hotel is pattaya bay which looks a bit away.

Lucky escape fella, i'm alway a little parnoid when i jump on the baht bus full of LB's tend to drop back and get on another, if the not on the rob the pester the fookin hell out of you, pleased you got your camera back, would of spoiled a good trip.

du du du short time ...tammai teug tum kub chan dai

Foxy007

A few years ago I was pick-pocketed by a ladyboy while walking down Beach road. I was on the bar side of the street not the beach side. It was about 7 Pm and I was walking past the police station when a ladyboy came up from behind me and did a reach around grab at my junk with one hand and then found 700 bht in my shirt pocket with the other hand.

I realized my money was gone within 3 seconds but the ladyboy did a swap with another one who was hovering. I immediately went the police station because I was still within a block of it and tried to get somebody to come outside and arrst the ladyboy.

This is when things got frustrating. Nobody would get off their ass. Instead sit down and lets do a report. 15 minutes later the report was done. Great job.

I realized then that the police really dont care to try and stop this activity.

Thanks for the post! I've heard about this happening a few times in the past but as mentioned previously it's "Game Time" again. I'll be extra vigilant this trip.

thanks for the heads up guys, went to LOS in March, seemed ok then but will be on my lookout, thanks again

<p>

• 2 weeks later...

we went to market on soi buakhao at 10 in morning on baht bus (night off the piss, up in the morning) same here, 2 ladyboys and 1 lady (if thats what you call her). hubby felt something, she say sorry!!, get to get off bus, his pocket open, 2000 bht missing but luckily we realised was was going on and he growl at woman and she drop money onto the seat. we were very lucky but, taught us a big lesson