IGNORED

returned without a Re-Entry form and now have a tourist stamp. did i cancel my Work Permit?!

xxoahu

i work for a BOI company.  I re-entered from Cambodia without a Re-entry form and now have a 30 day tourist stamp. did i cancel my work permit? will i have to do a visa run and re-apply for my work permit? please help

Yes you are screwed assuming you were on a business visa

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Yep - back to the basics.

I did it once (by land) and to be fair Immigration pulled me in for interview and told me what I was about to do.

Whether an Agent can perform a miracle these days I don't know.   :Think1:

Failure to possess a valid re-entry stamp in your passport means you basically cancelled your visa upon departure, which is why, upon return, you now have the basic visa exemption stamp valid for 30 days. Assuming you need or want your original visa again you will have to re-apply.  You didn't mention which visa you had.

I'm sorry to say this, but failure to acquire a re-entry permit prior to leaving is very careless. I get one installed whenever my visa is renewed so there's always one in place. That's a good habit to get into. A re-entry permit costs an additional B1,000 but ensures all the time, effort and costs involved in acquiring your visa did not go to waste. 

Regarding the work permit, which is a separate entity altogether, it is valid for one year. So, assuming it still has validity before expiry then it it is still good, but you require the necessary visa to be valid alongside it and obviously it is better if they run in tandem regards expiry/renewal dates.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

............................ I get one installed whenever my visa is renewed so there's always one in place. That's a good habit to get into. A re-entry permit costs an additional B1,000 but ensures all the time, effort and costs involved in acquiring your visa did not go to waste. 

Your One Year Multi costing 3,800 of course, the 1,000 being for a Single.

Unfortunately the re-entry visa is only valid as long as the visa is still valid.  If you dont use it in the year of your visas validilty you have then to obtain another one when you next get a visa extension.  

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Your work permit is not valid and is worthless as you need either a business visa or marriage visa to work, along with the work permit.

Archived