IGNORED

Real Player Downloader,cannot convert

bobdown

Hi Gentlemen

I am looking for a bit of advice.I had used Real Player Downloader for a long time and had no problem.It went to Cloud and was still working ok.Recentley I have had a problem I can download videos but end it you nothing,I get the message cannot convert,so I end up with not videos.I have gone through the help but still cannot get it to work.I have also uninstalled/installed twice but to no avail.

Looking for a bit of help if possible

Thank you

Not sure what you mean by cannot convert but I can download videos on Youtube using Win 7. However once i look for them in "Downloads: Realplayer Downloads" they will not open.

However i downloaded Free Video Cutter (the shortcut shows a pair of scissors), Drag and drop the Video  into the cutter and trim a few seconds off the beginning of the video and it then opens  and plays in Real Player.

I then use ConvertX to DVD and burn it on to a writable DVD..

I prefer Win XP and have two hard-drives and for years downloaded videos from Youtube etc but now i just cannot download using XP.  I blame Cloud.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

OK thank you.Cannot convert is a message I get.Instead of the video I get a message cannot convert.Thanks for your help

Unable to convert video
RealNetworks Knowledge Base
January 08, 2015 09:34
Why can't I convert the video file I just downloaded?

Here are some common troubleshooting tips for converting files:

Conversion fails in RealDownloader window
If you are trying to convert the video in the same window that showed your download progress, try opening your Library in RealPlayer. Click on the file, click More, and then select Convert. (In RealPlayer 16, the More option appears on top of the video, as in the left image; in RealPlayer Cloud, it appears along the bottom of the player screen, as in the right image.)

Can't convert high-resolution (HD) video
RealPlayer is not able to convert files with a resolution greater than 1920x1080. If you're trying to convert a high-definition video, you will need to download the standard-definition version. Typically, websites will display the standard version by default, so all you need to do is to not click on the option to view the video with its original settings. Websites like YouTube and Vimeo also have a Settings option that lets you select a different resolution when watching the video.

Unable to trim or convert VOB or MPEG-2 files
Please read this article for a solution.

Asked to upgrade when converting files
Please read this article for troubleshooting tips.

If you are getting a popup that signs you out of RealPlayer Plus, click here for more information.

If these solutions don't address your problem, you may need to delete the file and re-download it from the original website.

https://customer.real.com/hc/en-us/articles/204042073-Unable-to-convert-video-

whats the video file? if you give me a link to download the video I can convert it for you

Unable to convert video

If you are trying to convert the video in the same window that showed your download progress, try opening your Library in RealPlayer. Click on the file, click More, and then select Convert. (In RealPlayer 16, the More option appears on top of the video, as in the left image; in RealPlayer Cloud, it appears along the bottom of the player screen, as in the right image.)

RealPlayer is not able to convert files with a resolution greater than 1920x1080. If you're trying to convert a high-definition video, you will need to download the standard-definition version. Typically, websites will display the standard version by default, so all you need to do is to not click on the option to view the video with its original settings. Websites like YouTube and Vimeo also have a Settings option that lets you select a different resolution when watching the video.

If you are getting a popup that signs you out of RealPlayer Plus, click here for more information.

If these solutions don't address your problem, you may need to delete the file and re-download it from the original website.

whats the video file? if you give me a link to download the video I can convert it for you

Unable to convert video

OK.Thank you.I will have a look at the help you sent and I maybe able to fix it from there.I looked all through the help but never have seen that page.Thanks for the offer but I will try what you have sent before I send you a file.It is not 1 file it is about 50 that I have tried.Another thing that has got me puzzled is that I go onto Thai friends Facebook pages,they might have posted a Thai music clip etc.I can click on it,Real Player opens up and downloads it no problems for me,it is when I want to download from You Tube I cant.The Real Player Downloader opens,downloads all of the clip then I get the message unable to convert,there is no Video.The last thing I want to do is get of Real Player it has been great for years.Thanks for all your help

• 2 months later...

Have you checked you have the RM codec installed?

Real Alternative Codec

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Archived