IGNORED

Help me decide…. Which LK Hotel

Bigchaser

Help me decide….

I’m trying to decide which hotel to book for my next visit, at the moment its between LK Empress, LK Metropole and LK Renaissance.

When on holiday I like a bit of luxury, so budget wise max 3000 baht per night.

LK Royal Suites is always my go to hotel in Pattaya. 

I only ever stay in the suite rooms and never the standard rooms. Suites have double balcony. 

Have my room booked again for mid June. 

I have stayed at the LK Ren 14 or 15 times.  On my next trip in May, I have booked the Metropole due to the construction going on behind the Renaissance and wanting to check out the other place.  I have stayed in other areas around Patts, but I enjoy the Diana/LK Metro area.

LK Empress is nearer the Tahitian Queen which is a good thing in my opinion.It has a Family Mart attached to it so you can sneak 3 birds through there for an afternoon foursome.Dress them up as cleaners though to be on the safe side eh

I only ever stay in the suite rooms and never the standard rooms. Suites have double balcony. 

Of the Lk hotels i have stayed in Metro, Renaisaince and Royal Suites, my vote goes to Royal suites as well, would add it to the list, short walk up New Plaza from second road and very quiet, make sure its a suite though some of the other rooms are in annex and not as good.  Of your options i would go for renaisance

LK ren has some lovely rooms, great location. Would never stay at LK royal, did so once and ended up in a room that was more like a self catering apartment than a hotel. Terribly noisy and let in light everywhere so never got a decent sleep, room didn't even have an electronic keycard so had to carry a big key with me since reception was rarely staffed when I got back.

I've stayed at the Renaissance many times and always stipulated a room on the higher floors as it can get noisy from Soi Diana. There is massive construction going on behind it so noise is a big consideration, whatever floor you're on.

Empress is good as well - if you like the more baroque type of hotel room.

I've stayed in all.

Metropole now too run down and bad clientele.

Renaissance afraid of construction noise.

Empress is the best and the place to be.

just curious, why limit yourself to LK?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have never tried LK Ren but I heard it was a bit noisy last time I checked... And last time I went to THA for Christmas indeed there was a construction site right next to it... That's why I ended up booking at LK Metropole where it was quiet and nice. 

Any update regarding this construction site / noise level at LK Ren ?

Stayed LK Royal Suites a few times now and happy with the experience. Good location as well.

Would like to try the Empress as well sometime and probably will in August.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Stayed in lk Renaissance and empress , both tried to hit me for a joiner fee when bringing back more than one girl

I've stayed in all.

Metropole now too run down and bad clientele.

Renaissance afraid of construction noise.

Empress is the best and the place to be.

Thanks ....I stay at the Metropole :-) but you are right it is getting tiered.....I think it has a lot of long term residents in it and locals. It's still good value....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Stayed at both empress and Metropole and well they both have plus and minuses.

Overall the empress has a better location and more modern feel to it.

But you cannot bring it girls under 20 whereas in Metropole they didn't even check ID,, which allowed me to bring in a beautiful 19 y/o or saved me some hassle when one day one of my regular forgot her ID.

Apparently you can "sneak in" with a girl through the back door at the empress, the one next to the family market... But I just don't feel like "sneakin' in" when I paid 50-60€ a night.

One day, when I was staying at the empress I found a beautiful 19 y/o and couldn't bring her in, they wouldn't let her no matter what... We had to go to a really cheap and disgusting ST room. In the end it was fun to visit this ST room, was my first time and I'd probably not have tried it without this episode. That's looking at things positively ;)

But well, fact is I couldn't bring this girl in and just because of that I won't take the LK empress again: what does the great location brings me if I can't take the premium youngs 18-19 y/o girls from Beach road ?

I'd rather have a room that looks a bit older and have no hassle with the front desk.

At Metropole I didn't have any hassle with the front desk, ever, regarding girls. They just let me in anytime like the girl was my girlfriend. It also have a nice location since you can go to 2nd road to hit the Baht bus direction Soi 6... And Soi Buakaow to go to Tukom/WS.

It's true that Metropole is a bit old but it is in my opinion the right option for Mongering.

Stayed at LK Ren once. Good hotel but always higher price and not really any better than Areca. Both seem good the same. Im booked at Metropole my trip in Sept.

What's your view of LK Mansion ?

Archived