Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Cancelled.

noshow

I booked a hotel for two nights starting from Wed 22nd April, my mother in law has just died, I e-mailed them and tried to cancel till next Monday. they told me I still have to pay for the two nights, it seems the hotel has no compassion. They do have  phone no, but it stars with a +66--------, I don't know how to dial that, anyone help?

If you're dialing from a land line back home then 0066 ....

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

+66 is the country code you have to use if calling from outside thailand

however normally you can dial it also within the country

if you are in Thailand right now just replace the +66 by 0

Sorry to hear about your mother in law . 

You booked through a booking site or straight with the hotel

Booking sites often have a free cancellation or by a no-show only charge you 1 night . 

It sucks but i can also understand the hotel policy . It's only 2 nights , let it be . Don't 

upset yourself about it or spend a lot of money on phone calls . 

If you're dialing from a land line back home then 0066 ....

No I live in Thailand, I found out how to phone, but it does not work. The hotel won't answer my e-mail. I asked them to change my booking till next Monday.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law . 

You booked through a booking site or straight with the hotel ? 

Booking sites often have a free cancellation or by a no-show only charge you 1 night . 

It sucks but i can also understand the hotel policy . It's only 2 nights , let it be . Don't 

upset yourself about it or spend a lot of money on phone calls . 

Thanks Jerry. I booked with the hotel. If it is their policy not to answer e-mails and to have a phone number that does not work, it sure sucks, and I can't understand it.

Sorry for your loss, but is there a punchline here or is it just a coincidence that your board name is no show?

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

Have you payed for the room or a deposit?  If not book another hotel..

Yes, I have paid for it, I e-mailed them and asked them to change the date, they just said on their website I have lost  all the money I paid.

I wonder it it's against the forum rules to name the hotel.

Sorry for your loss, but is there a punchline here or is it just a coincidence that your board name is no show?

That's a good question. my username is named after the country music singer George Jones.

But I can assure you it is true, I was booked for Wed and Thu nights and the wifes mother died this morning.

That's a good question. my username is named after the country music singer George Jones.

But I can assure you it is true, I was booked for Wed and Thu nights and the wifes mother died this morning.

Ah ok, sorry for trying to be clever. I'm fairly certain it's within the rules to name the hotel. (If it isn't just tell the mods it was my fault).

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

Thanks Jerry. I booked with the hotel. If it is their policy not to answer e-mails and to have a phone number that does not work, it sure sucks, and I can't understand it.

How did you book the hotel then?

I use booking . Com. Free cancellation.

Or Bkk guest friendly hotels .com. Last year flights were cancelled due to a storm, I contacted Tim, he changed my hotel reservation, no problem. And his rates are cheaper.

Loads of hotels which don't ask the deposit or the pre-payment. Personally I have never paid the deposit In Pattaya. Better to be safe than sorry.

How did you book the hotel then?

I got the hotel through Thaivisa, and paid with my debit card.

I use booking . Com. Free cancellation.

Or Bkk guest friendly hotels .com. Last year flights were cancelled due to a storm, I contacted Tim, he changed my hotel reservation, no problem. And his rates are cheaper.

I think Tim is the first name of the hotel owner in question, an Englishman, the hotel is in a sub Soi off Soi Buchaow.  

I wonder if we are talking about the same hotel.

if in thailand take off the +66 and add 0 at the front for a land line.

Thanks, I did that and all I get is a sort of voicemail in Thai.

I think Tim is the first name of the hotel owner in question, an Englishman, the hotel is in a sub Soi off Soi Buchaow.

I wonder if we are talking about the same hotel.

Different Tim. The one we are talking about takes care of hotel bookings, but doesn't own a hotel.

Why not contact Tim and see if he can help you out? If you've lost the 2 days, at least use Tim for your future bookings.

You can contact Tim at [email protected]

I got the hotel through Thaivisa, and paid with my debit card.

Most likely you're screwed - I would never use any ThaiVisa links.

Different Tim. The one we are talking about takes care of hotel bookings, but doesn't own a hotel.

Why not contact Tim and see if he can help you out? If you've lost the 2 days, at least use Tim for your future bookings.

You can contact Tim at [email protected]

Most likely you're screwed - I would never use any ThaiVisa links.

Thanks, I'll look that up.

Thanks, I'll look that up.

Tim is a good bloke and if he can help you out he will, he has a long running thread on here.  I have booked with him and he asked for the money up front as his deals are better than Agoda etc.

Everything OK now, received an e-mail telling me they would not take the money from my account.

I think maybe they were reading this thread. Thanks everyone.

Archived