Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Things are about to get very interesting in Thailand...

Muadib

I know this is not a typical PA topic, but I've been following the PAD insurrection in Thailand, as I suspect more than a few of you have been following too... At first it appeared to be nothing more than an organizaed protest... It then took on teeth with clashes between the police & the PAD, occupation of the government house, barracaded airports & highways and demands for the sitting elected government to resign... All well & good as we know that Thailand doesn't have the most stable or respected government, military & police due to rampant corruption... Until today, I didn't know what the total PAD agenda was all about... I read the following 2 posts today and said to myself that this isn't good, at all...

Draw your own conclusions and discuss the implications to travelers & expats living in Thailand...

http://notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=575

http://notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=569

Thanks for that. The first article could have been written by Adolf Hitler!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

My thoughts exactly...

And storming the Greek Embasy because they invented representational government in 439 B.C. WTF!!!!

They could target foreigners just as easily...

I'm still reading but had to quote this one, what a muppet 555

Elections are the enemy of democracy.

Maybe those links should have been posted in the funny section.... :GiveBeer1:

From what I read PAD do want to make changes to the way government is elected. Although I haven't looked at it I suspect that they want to change it so that the more populous rural areas have less of a say on who runs the country. It is well known that the current government is not popular in Bangkok but is in the rural areas. I think they want to set up a gerrymander so that certain areas lose their political clout.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think the guy is seriously mental. Putting everyone against him in camps? He sounds like Stalin! I feel sorry for the people of Thailand if this guy actually comes to power. If that happens mongering in Thailand might not be as much fun anymore

Wew................

Sounds a little like the early Cambodian days of the Pol Pot regime. Camps, aka slave labor, ....... killing fields.

Edited by bizzjet

In fact that first article/interview is so extreme that I'm starting to suspect that it might be anti PAD propaganda. That can't be the guys real opinions, surely?

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

It's obviously satire. Look at the name of the site....Not The Nation!!!???

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

It should be obvious the stories are fiction... but just in case someone missed the fine print at the bottom:

========================================================

© 2007 www.notthenation.com

Note: This website is not The Nation. For entertainment purposes only.

========================================================

However sometimes I do wonder if the best solution might not be returning control to the royal family.

Edited by lostagain

Look at some of the site's other 'stories.'

ntn.jpg

It's obviously satire. Look at the name of the site....Not The Nation!!!???

exactly...it`s not a serious article boys...it`s satire and political lampooning at it`s best or worst! :P

Edited by lespaul5000

One very radical and troubled guy.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Good point... It is a satircal site, but there is truth in their articles... Let's hope this is a red herring...

Not The Nations is a total piss take website. IT IS NOT A NEWS WEBSITE

Its goes beyond satire and borders on the ridiculous. I visit it regularly when i need a laugh. Go to thier home page and see what else is on offer.

Testicles

• 4 weeks later...