Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

where to stay in Krabi

skullangel

Planning to go to Krabi, where would be the best area to stay? Having my girl tag along, looking for quiet area but within some night life. Any recommendations?

BYO gal is a good choice for Krabi. It is an scenic province, with some fairly widely scattered interesting places to check out. Best explored with your own transport; I've done it by motorcycle, and would do a bit more. Car and motorcycle rentals are available there.

Ao Nang is the main place for tourist lodgings. It is fairly genteel, with a little nightlife scattered around. There is the odd nightclub, and a couple of sois with a few beer bars. It is probably the best choice for foreigner oriented entertainment.

Krabi town has some accommodation and the usual range of Thai style entertainment. There are other resorts scattered around the province, including at Koh Lanta, but most fairly far from any nightlife.

Booking is unnecessary at this time of year. The couple of times I have been there I rode around till I found a place that suited me. I liked Ao Nang Cliff View Resort, though it is a wee hike from the town centre if you don't have transport. I also stayed at the next beach to the north, at a place just over the road from the beach; it was alright, but I can't remember its name. Anyway, there is plenty to choose from, especially if it is not a Thai holiday weekend.

Archived