IGNORED

different tourist visa question

HighAngleHell

I'm getting screwed by my company. I am in The middle east right now and I'm about to go on a 35 day vacation block. Problem is I have to buy the tickets and its a risk they will not call me for additional 35 days.

They will let me know in the 3 week mark. Would it be smart to just buy a ticket to go there, a throw away ticket, wait 3 weeks, extend 7 days at immigration and then roll out? If so does anyone know where cheap tickets are to be had? Thank you

To be honest I can't tell if you are asking about airline tickets or visa.

If it is a Visa question and you are wondering if you should get a tourist visa before arrival they aren't attached to a specific arrival date.  The last one I got was issued in LA on Jan 5.  On it was stamped must use by April 4.  So a 3 month window before you have to use it.  And that use by date is the entry date.  It would have the full 60 days validity from April 4 if I hadn't made it there until then (I'm almost 100% certain of that).

Tons of stuff unclear in your post.If you ask the question more clearly,people may be able to help you better.

Fuck sorry my phone is being stupid and partially is my ability to form sentences....

I work in the middle east as a contractor, I am american who is having a 35 day leave block coming up. They are flying me through turkey or Dubai. They are only giving me a one way ticket. Do you think I will be denied by the airliner because I don't have a RT ticket? Is there anyway I can bypass buying a throw away ticket explaining to them I will be extending my visa once in country? Because its possible I might get fucked and they put me on 70 days vacation total.

Aha.  You do not have a tourist visa.   you are doing Visa on arrival.  Which is OK with the Thais I'm pretty sure.

The AIRLINES might have issue as if you are refused entry they are obligated to fly you back - free.  You might need to buy a refundable ticket back or something,  Why not call the airline and ask it's policy?  

• 5 weeks later...

As someone else said just buy a cheap ticket to Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia they should only cost around $50 or thereabouts thai immigration won't care where you go along as you can prove a way out of the kingdom before your visa on arrival expires. What you do once you are in country is another matter!

Archived