IGNORED

Cheap Phone

nuttrbutter

I have a thai phone and sim card, but I am just past my 6 month mark and the sim will not be good when I return next month. I know that the government is wanting everyone to register their sim cards. What can I do to get a cheap phone and/or sim card for my 8 day trip?

easy  get a barfine..the girl will no what to do for you....if not go to bigC  buy  500 Baht phone..and the sim card will be available there..

pay ur cash walk out with the phone up and running...

The "crackdown" on mobile phones had absolutely zero effect on me when I was in Pattaya a little over a week ago -- got my Tourist SIM card at the airport, just as I have on prior trips.

About 3 or 4 years ago, I bought a cheap Nokia phone to use in Pattaya, but I started getting the phone/data plans and plugging the Thai SIM card into my iPhone about 1 1/2 years ago.  The cheap Nokia was just too hard to text on, it didn't have a camera (not that I use that feature much, as I carry a separate camera), and I'm hopelessly addicted to my smartphone, so it makes life a little easier on me while there (check email, etc. without wifi).

Thanks guys. I bought my phone at a 7-11 like 2 years ago and only had to buy a new sim card once last year year. And when I go I just recharge at 7-11 or whatever store I'm near. I just wasn't sure since it's been a while and the news about the crackdown. I will get one before I leave the airport. Hopefully I can still use my phone. But if not, no big deal.

Archived