IGNORED

30 day trip, does arrival day and leaving day both count

TheJoker

I am coming to LOS for June 24, arrive around noon and leaving July 24th in the morning.  Now if both 24's count technically it will be 31 days in country.  Is this going to be an overstay or something I get fined for???

Joker...

You get 29 nights (30 days) on the visa waiver so you will have one day overstay . 

Usually they let 1 day go without a fine . 

Despite no fine for one day's overstay you will still be considered an illegal alien on your last day. However, once aboard transport to Suvarabhumi airport you should be ok. Once within the terminal building you can breath a sigh of relief.

If you're out on the town on your last night do not go crazy and get into trouble after midnight and be required by the authorities to produce proof of who you are by way of a passport, you could well be paying some healthy tea-money to be let on your way to catch your flight.

Not intending to over-dramatise the situation, but being an illegal alien within Thai borders can have consequences, so be aware.

Other than that, have a relaxing final 24 hours in the Land of Smiles  :Grin3:

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Poo, is there now a 60 day?  Should I ask when I enter if this will be a problem or just play stupid, which I am very good at.  Thanks for the advice....

Maybe a few day trip to Angkor Wat.   

Joker

If you think you'd feel uneasy on your last day, then, at any time during your legal stay, you can visit Jomtien Thai immigration on Soi 5 and they can extend your stay by 30 days for B1,900.  Cheaper than flying to Cambodia, but infinitely more boring.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

You get 29 nights (30 days) on the visa waiver so you will have one day overstay . 

Usually they let 1 day go without a fine .

+1

Archived