Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Walk in Rate

Gryck

Fellow Pattaya Addicts!

Ive been scanning some of the search engines on the net for a while,

and prices changes depending on some things, how long time, room, location etc.

Ive never tried to simply just walk in the hotel lobby and ask. (Yes I have a long time ago).

My question is obvious:

How do you get the best rate according to you?

G :D

Dont know what your question is . but if you want a cheap hotel just look around, get a room for a night then have a look ask people , here the best place to ask anything about pattaya and thailand

Edited by friendlyric6411

If you want a cheap room look around in pattaya. many are around who dont even advertise on the net

Sometimes the agents who take internet bookings for hotels work out a very good rate so it can be cheaper to book on the Internet. I have found though that you are a lot more likely to be charged joiners fees on Internet bookings though. Perhaps they are trying to compensate for the fact that they recieve less money from you for your room because of the cheaper rates and agent fees.

personally, unless it's high season I will just walk into a hotel upon arrival. A good compromise might be to book accommodation for the first night or two only.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Dont khow what your question is . but if you want a cheap hotel just look around, get a room for a night then have a look ask people , here the best place to ask anything about pattaya and thailand

Do I get a better rate on the net, than I get right on spot at the hotel when I ask?

Sometimes the agents who take internet bookings for hotels work out a very good rate so it can be cheaper to book on the Internet. I have found though that you are a lot more likely to be charged joiners fees on Internet bookings though. Perhaps they are trying to compensate for the fact that they recieve less money from you for your room because of the cheaper rates and agent fees.

personally, unless it's high season I will just walk into a hotel upon arrival. A good compromise might be to book accommodation for the first night or two only.

Yes It seems to be a good idea to to book 1 or two nights and look around.

thanks!

Do I get a better rate on the net, than I get right on spot at the hotel when I ask?

I've had it go both ways on me (cheaper net/cheaper as a walk-in) so tough to give a concrete answer. I have also called the hotel and gotten a better rate than using the net. The main advantage to walking in is you can shop around. As someone mentioned earlier there are many nice places that do not use a reservation service or even advertise on the net.

Belive me you can get what you want , even the taxi will take you around , depends what you want how much and where. i can get a room 2 mins from all tha action for 7000baht a month air con fridge Tv balcony front and back .. up to you your holiday ,, as they say

Edited by friendlyric6411

I've had it go both ways on me (cheaper net/cheaper as a walk-in) so tough to give a concrete answer. I have also called the hotel and gotten a better rate than using the net. The main advantage to walking in is you can shop around. As someone mentioned earlier there are many nice places that do not use a reservation service or even advertise on the net.

Yes I think its a rainforests of different prices.

Now Ive looked at a specific hotel on the net two different times today and they have changed the

price on these two occations... :D

i always find booking a hotel direct with the hotel to be the best way. i only book up for a couple of days during low-season, and if the hotel doesn't meet my expectations i move elsewhere.

but most hotels will do discounts if you plan to do a week or two, so approaching them direct might be the best way to go.

Is this true about joiner fees? Even if I have correspondensed with the hotel and asked them

about this and show them a copy of the mail where they say they dont have a joiner fee?

G

i always find booking a hotel direct with the hotel to be the best way. i only book up for a couple of days during low-season, and if the hotel doesn't meet my expectations i move elsewhere.

but most hotels will do discounts if you plan to do a week or two, so approaching them direct might be the best way to go.

Good advice.

"A lot of people ask me, 'Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument."

-Kenny Powers

Is this true about joiner fees? Even if I have correspondensed with the hotel and asked them

about this and show them a copy of the mail where they say they dont have a joiner fee?

G

all the hotels listed on this website is a good guide on who charges and doesn't charge joiner fee.

click here

It depends some are cheaper online and some are cheaper when u gets there. There alot of factors that determine.........................

Dom

Last time in bkk i walked around and checked out about 6 or 7 places, got their best price then check on the net, the best price was still on the net!!

Belive me you can get what you want , even the taxi will take you around , depends what you want how much and where. i can get a room 2 mins from all tha action for 7000baht a month air con fridge Tv balcony front and back .. up to you your holiday ,, as they say

[/quote

I wanna believe you.....where might this place be and the name??

Check prices on the internet and note them down......do the walk up thing and ask how much.....if your quoted lower or the same price, ok good.

If your quoted a higher price....mention the internet price you just saw and go from there as to what your next move will be.

Last time in bkk i walked around and checked out about 6 or 7 places, got their best price then check on the net, the best price was still on the net!!

generally for bkk hotels, net prices do tend to be cheaper!

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Fellow Pattaya Addicts!

Ive been scanning some of the search engines on the net for a while,

and prices changes depending on some things, how long time, room, location etc.

Ive never tried to simply just walk in the hotel lobby and ask. (Yes I have a long time ago).

My question is obvious:

How do you get the best rate according to you?

G :rolleyes:

walk in and then haggle. instead of 500 baht a night, talk then down to 300 or 350. it works in low season, not in high.

walk in and then haggle. instead of 500 baht a night, talk then down to 300 or 350. it works in low season, not in high.

Ok thanks I will give it a try. I think I want to stay in the 1000-2000 baht range.

Now in low season it seems a lot cheaper with accomodation.

G

hi

if you know such i place i will very happy to know the adress

to friendlyric6411 if you know such a place at 7000 bath a month everthing included , i will be happy if you let me Know

greetings aurel

• 5 weeks later...

yes, just turn up out of season and ask, you can always haggle or move on when your settled.. good luck

<p>

• 3 weeks later...

:GoldenSmile1:

Hi!

After a couple of days (September) in Pattaya, I get it. Everything isnt black or white about the rates.

In Tim boutique I stayed first (Deluxe 2900B internet rate) and then they were fully booked.

I had to change and now I took a chance. I knew there was a hotel on soi8, Eastiny Place,

that I`ve been in to a day before, to check it out and it seemed fair enough (Standard 1000B walk in rate).

The thing that worried me about this place was the music and shouting from the bars, and offcourse they had put

my accomodation next to it. so when the barlife began I thought I should go down the next morning and try to change

roomlocation. But what the h+ll, the bar closed two oclock AM so it was no problem at all to get some sleep.

Then I booked Tim Boutique with Latestays again over internet (Superior 1700B).

Also walked in to Marriott, Hard Rock, LK Renaissance , Areca Lodge, Lek hotel and many more. I never wrote the

rates down so I can not remember what they charged.

In Montien they told me a price of (Executive seaview 3800B) with brekfast and it was nice but It seemed a bit

of a renovationneed othervice it was a nice hotel with many facilities. The bad thing eh... guestfee 1000B.

I tried this in low season and I can not answer about high or peak but the feeling I got was that you can try to

just walk in and ask for the rent and remember its internet rate and compare to what you are told by the reception.

Nothing is Black or White, nothing is fixed.

As Always G

• 2 weeks later...
:)

Hi!

After a couple of days (September) in Pattaya, I get it. Everything isnt black or white about the rates.

In Tim boutique I stayed first (Deluxe 2900B internet rate) and then they were fully booked.

I had to change and now I took a chance. I knew there was a hotel on soi8, Eastiny Place,

that I`ve been in to a day before, to check it out and it seemed fair enough (Standard 1000B walk in rate).

The thing that worried me about this place was the music and shouting from the bars, and offcourse they had put

my accomodation next to it. so when the barlife began I thought I should go down the next morning and try to change

roomlocation. But what the h+ll, the bar closed two oclock AM so it was no problem at all to get some sleep.

Then I booked Tim Boutique with Latestays again over internet (Superior 1700B).

Also walked in to Marriott, Hard Rock, LK Renaissance , Areca Lodge, Lek Hotel and many more. I never wrote the

rates down so I can not remember what they charged.

In Montien they told me a price of (Executive seaview 3800B) with brekfast and it was nice but It seemed a bit

of a renovationneed othervice it was a nice hotel with many facilities. The bad thing eh... guestfee 1000B.

I tried this in low season and I can not answer about high or peak but the feeling I got was that you can try to

just walk in and ask for the rent and remember its internet rate and compare to what you are told by the reception.

Nothing is Black or White, nothing is fixed.

As Always G

Did you try Agoda ? They guarentee lowest prices. or the pattaya hotels addicts site r24 say they are very competitive