IGNORED

working in pattaya

fostraswift

just thinking of moving out to south east asia for a while... maybe a year or 2

i would still need to work on and off :D

my question is i supose.. if the company paid money into a bank account i set up in los, would i get screwed for tax?

i remember some of the guys on here who work offshore telling us they didnt need to pay tax..

i would be working for a company in the west getting a good western wage but living in Los (patts) or cambo

donno... i supose if it wasnt too much cash it might slipp in under the radar,...dunno.. :P

visa would be sticky i supose in Los..... :wacko:

cambodia is way better, you can get a 1 year business visa no questions asked :D

i remember bryan saying somewhere that he didnt have a bank account there, maybe for this reason

i supose i'm lucky enough with my profession...it dosent relly matter where i work from.. :hello10:

thanks for any advice.. :Bravo1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

You pay tax only on money earned IN Thailand. You will of course have to pay tax somewhere but not here unless the money is earned here.

Whether you pay tax in the country of source depends on each countries tax rules i.e. USA Nationals must pay tax on worldwide income whereas countrys like the UK will not tax you if you qualify for non residency status.

It is a legal requirement for EVERYONE who stays in Thailand for more than 180 days in a calendar year, whether working or not, to submit a tax return. If you have not earned money IN Thailand you tax demand will be zero. This applies to long term tourists and retirees too.

That is the law, few actually do it, especially the tourists. IF you are living here and NOT filing a tax return you should do so. Failure to do so puts your Visa status at risk.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Dont know about Ireland, but for USA, if you make less than $75,000 dollars per year overseas you must report it but dont have to pay tax on it if it is earned overseas. If the money originated in the USA, we'd have to pay US tax on it from dollar one, though.

I'm just wondering if they'd Catch Me on my new plan. Work two jobs in the summer and have my unemployment checks deposited to a Thai bank account. They wouldnt catch that, would they?

I study Aregano: The Ancient Italian Art of Pizza Folding.