Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca Lodge

amagarwa

I have only seen this hotel from the outside and it looks rather like the entrance of an old mansion…..what's the overall design aesthetic inside? Musty and old rooms  or spiffy and modern?

Location is tops btw.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only seen this hotel from the outside and it looks rather like the entrance of an old mansion…..what's the overall design aesthetic inside? Musty and old rooms  or spiffy and modern?

Location is tops btw.

number 1 amongst the forum users for a reason. Very nice place.

My largest complaint about this hotel is the service staff at the pool. Very slow to take orders and you have to be VERY active to get their attention... 

My largest complaint about this hotel is the service staff at the pool. Very slow to take orders and you have to be VERY active to get their attention... 

Either I or the mrs are very attractive than. You actually now get a buzzing device to call them :)

OP - If you like both the location and 'spiffy and modern', try the 4 star Centra Avenue (soi next to Areca); it's also cheaper too.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats this joint like for late checkouts??

I see on their site check out time is 12 midday. I keen on getting a 2:30PM Checkout

On last day I would prefer to stay in bed having a fuck up until the last mintue before I have to get in taxi and go to Swampy

Any past issues with late check out requests or do they charge??

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a bar at the pool? Do many people drink beer by the pool? I think this would be a preferred early daytime activity for me. If there is no bar, can you bring your own booze to the pool?

There is a bar beside one of the pools and a restaurant beside the other one!

Whats this joint like for late checkouts??

I see on their site check out time is 12 midday. I keen on getting a 2:30PM Checkout

On last day I would prefer to stay in bed having a fuck up until the last mintue before I have to get in taxi and go to Swampy

Any past issues with late check out requests or do they charge??

Most hotels will extend departure time - just ask in advance.

Departure times are often a bug bear amongst people but you have to remember that they also have to look after new check ins also.

I am sure Areca can acommodate a later departure if given notice.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Areca rules:

UNREGISTERED PERSON POLICY

1. A maximum of 2 people are permitted to be registered to a room and must provide valid identification: passport, ID card or driver’s license.
  2. Any private visits from unregistered persons, in hotel guest room, is not permitted unless his/her real identification card is given to the front desk.

3. According to Thai prostitution act, all entertainment establishments, including the hotel, require proof by national ID that any lady or entertainer is at least age 18. The hotel is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or other valuables done by the person guest brings in together.

4. The hotel has the right to prohibit a joiner to enter the hotel if he/she shows the intention of disturbing any other hotel guest.

anybody can confirm I need to pick up my guests at front desk?

Areca rules:

UNREGISTERED PERSON POLICY

1. A maximum of 2 people are permitted to be registered to a room and must provide valid identification: passport, ID card or driver’s license.
  2. Any private visits from unregistered persons, in hotel guest room, is not permitted unless his/her real identification card is given to the front desk.
  3. According to Thai prostitution act, all entertainment establishments, including the hotel, require proof by national ID that any lady or entertainer is at least age 18. The hotel is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or other valuables done by the person guest brings in together.
  4. The hotel has the right to prohibit a joiner to enter the hotel if he/she shows the intention of disturbing any other hotel guest.

anybody can confirm I need to pick up my guests at front desk?

At Areca your friend hands over id and they hand you a paper to sign, you keep a copy and the hotel keep the id. The id is handed back on production of the paper.

You have to be there to sign

Currently staying here.

Master SLEUTH is correct.

Bring girl back (FFS don't try and sneak her in). They write out her details on a form and they hold onto her ID. They keep a copy of the form and she has a copy. When she leaves, they give her the id back.

Make sure your girl has photo id. They all should, but if she doesn't i would stay clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a reasonably quite hotel / area, or do you hear loud music from nearby lk or soi Diana ? Cheers thanks

No, the hotel is reasonably quiet.

best hotel in central pattaya. always stay this hotel every year. friendly staff and nice rooms(evergreen)

How many other hotels in central Pattaya have you stayed in?

Nando just might be right. Areca Lodge (Evergreen wing) is the best I've stayed in central Pattaya. It's so good I've stayed there around 15 times in the last 5 years. I've stayed in 5 others, and they don't compare favourably.

I will be staying in a Super Deluxe room (I think these are in the Evergreen wing).  Is there any construction noise right now?  Thanks..

Stayed in corona wing last month, they are building facing the evergreen pool but I never heard anything

• 2 weeks later...

Booked in March for Areca hope the wifi is working but meh not my biggest concern.

width="350" height="200" frameborder="0">

Ive only stayed in Evergreen wing.  Probably the best value for money in the area (not the cheapest).

Cant say Ive ever had a problem with noise, great Masamam Curry around the pool, 

Archived