IGNORED

Areca Lodge

amagarwa

The corner rooms in Evergreen have good pool views but I think that there are a more expensive room as they seem to be bigger than the Super Deluxe Rooms.

The Evergreen is an L-shaped building so you can see the pool from some of the rooms but those rooms are the ones furthest from the pool. The best pool views in my opinion are the deluxe rooms in the Corona Building as they have a good view of the pool and are on the sunnier side of the building!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone heard if they do not allow girls under 20 years old? I find that a bit anoying .. 

Me and 2-3 mates are coming late july and would like to stay at Areca - but hate this rule. Stayed at LK Metropole last time - but we really missed having a bar at the pool :)

Anyone heard if they do not allow girls under 20 years old? I find that a bit anoying ..

Me and 2-3 mates are coming late july and would like to stay at Areca - but hate this rule. Stayed at LK Metropole last time - but we really missed having a bar at the pool :)

believe the no under 20's rule has now been abandoned but best to ask the hotel directly

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Been here 2 days so far and it has lived up to expectations , mostly good ones but one major headache is the freaking wireless! They seriously need to do something about it as it is a pain in the ass when it seems to drop out several times an hour.

Apart from that thou the place is a winner,great rooms(I can vouch for the Evergreen anyway).

The staff are all very polite,and the room service and cleaning staff are exceptionally nice.

Still haven't made it to the pools yet but the look a treat.

The room service food is actually better than many 4star places I've stayed at,and even the TV channel choice is top notch.

They DO allow 18yo girls in,as this was pointed out to me at check in.

All in all I'm a happy chappy here,if only they would sort out the f'ing wireless reception !

Do you have a view from room in evergreen wing? Of pool of elsewhere?

Do you have a view from room in evergreen wing? Of pool of elsewhere?

Well there is a view,but nothing mind blowing,but from my angle i can only just see the pool.But then again when i come to Pattaya for the view...well i dont come to Pattaya for the view :SoWhat1:

But mind you the balcony is a great one.Large and not aircon unit sharing your space as in many other places.

Btw i sorted out the wireless issue by going old school.You see when i was sitting here this morning cursing the wireless for the billionth time i  noticed that there was a LAN socket behind the tv,and luckily enough i remembered an old ethernet cable in my laptop case.Well BadaBing i gave it a go and all day ive had rocket fast broadband and no dropouts!! :ThumbUp6:

I booked a "Deluxe Pool View Double with breakfast" for 10 nights in October.  Any idea what building this would be in?   Are the "super Deluxe" rooms really that much nicer?

Cost through Agoda was $524 after all of the taxes, service fees, etc.

I stayed at the Page 10 last time and I really liked the hotel room there.  The breakfast was just OK and the rooftop pool was a bit small.  I figured I would try the Areca as it had good reviews and the location seems great.

Stayed at Areca Lodge for 4 nights last summer and really loved it, in fact i liked it even better than a 5 star hotel (Tims Boutique) we stayed for the rest of our holidays.
Unfortunately it was fully booked for our next trip dec./jan., ended up at other 4 star hotel, Grand Bella, a total nightmare compared to the Areca Lodge, so first thing we did when we came home was to book rooms at the Areca Lodge for our next trip in July.
Hopefully they will sort out WI-FI problems in advance, or else we will have to find backup solutions for that, addicted to Pattaya now after 2 trips, i think also addicted to this hotel, really miss it so much.
Nice pool area, friendly staff, good service, delicious food, nice rooms, a perfect location, tasteful interior and outdoor areas (went past the hotel during Christmas, it looked so nice and chic, had to laugh thinking about the shrub growth decorated with stained white teddybears at the Grand Bella) :)
Very classy for being a four star hotel, Areca Lodge

"Hello Mrs Shaw could I borrow your lawnmower?"

I booked a "Deluxe Pool View Double with breakfast" for 10 nights in October.  Any idea what building this would be in?   Are the "super Deluxe" rooms really that much nicer?

The "Deluxe Pool View" rooms are in the Areca and Corona buildings.  Personally prefer the ones in the Corona building as they get more sun and are therefore brighter.  The "Super Deluxe" rooms are in the newer Evergreen and bigger and more modern but do not have as good a view of the pool as the deluxe rooms have.  Having stayed in both given the additional cost of the Super Deluxe rooms I am happy with a Deluxe Room in the Corona Building, however many others have a preference for the Evergreen wing!

I stayed at the Page 10 last time and I really liked the hotel room there.  The breakfast was just OK and the rooftop pool was a bit small.  I figured I would try the Areca as it had good reviews and the location seems great.

I bounce between the two - I really liked the Page10's convenience to Beach and Second Roads for the 6 down to WS, but the pool is a bit cramped and the top-floor restaurant is really basic...I think the Areca room is possibly a bit larger - the terrace was - plus the facilities are better kept, but I give the edge to the more modern bathrooms in Page10. If I could mash the two up, I'd have the Areca room and pool with Page10 bathroom modernity, between beach and 2nd

Will be staying at that evergreen tower again in July no problem with the room last year nice balcony with pool view have the WiFi is working

The Wifi is still shite in the Evergreen bongoz,but as I suggested above take a cable as the Ethernet works like a dream.(thou I guess this only stands if your using a laptop)

Just booked a luxury room for 11 nigts mid june cant wait!!

Just back from a 9 nighter. Just to warn you the construction work round the back and side of areca really got to me on the last day. Constant drilling..... I was in the evergreen at the back.

Centara are building a lot of condo units currently.

I'd re consider to be honest if you intend to make full use of the pools during the day.

anything new on the Evergreen Tower.....is the noise really bad    I was there last year in July   there was construction like  everywhere else   but it didn't bother me much  stayed drunk I guess

Just got back from last week. Evergreen super deluxe (same room both my trips)  The room was great, food good, good options for the included breakfast, good staff.  Only thing is spoty wifi, it works for emails and regular things but for streaming music its in and out.

I noticed they have the 15% discount promotion now but when I am trying to book in November no more promotion rate. I need to find a different hotel, anyone can recommend an on par hotel same are/block?

Yeah Evergreen is nice,  good food good pool good room.,    I was in Pattaya last week of October   there were no rooms at the evergreen.,   stayed at the August Suites.,   quiet  thought I might have had the hotel too my self., EXPEDITER   I would stay in the Areca area  try Mecure

Expiditer - did you join their Areca Club (essentially it is a rewards scheme), with their Club card you get 15% discount off the room price - all year. The upfront cost is about 800 baht and the duration is 12 months. If you are a regular visitor and like the Areca Lodge it is a good scheme - it also gives you a free introductory meal and 15% off food.

I agree with you about the wifi - the worst of any hotel I stayed in on the my last trip.

The Wifi is still shite in the Evergreen bongoz,but as I suggested above take a cable as the Ethernet works like a dream.(thou I guess this only stands if your using a laptop)

Areca has  installed a wireless router in my room in the past. Don't know if they'll still do that.

I also travel with a tp-link travel router. They cost less than $20US on Amazon.

61onXWtoe1L._SL1280_.jpg

Areca Lodge must do something right as it is consistently in the 5 most booked hotels by P-A members on Agoda.

Indeed for May it had reclaimed top spot.

The only time it fell out was during the "no under 20s) rule period but that has now been abandoned.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent this email to the hotel just for shits and giggles to see what they'll say :

Hi there,

I plan on visiting Pattaya for the first time and thought about staying in your hotel.  But I read two different forums on the internet, and everybody is saying your WIFI is no good, and has a very bad wifi signal.  All guests report poor wifi internet signal in both Corona and Evergreen in  recent reports for both April 2015 and May 2015.  

Do you plan on fixing?  Can you assure me wifi will be no problem, I may consider booking a stay with you.

I have stayed at Areca Lodge too many times to count.

I was there in Feb and stayed in the Evergreen building.

The Corona is my favorite, but was booked out.

The WiFi has been shit as long as I can remember. Last trip it worked in the toilet fine, but not on the bed. 55555

So convenient. Out the front to LK Metro or out the back for a shortcut to second road. (I walk everywhere).

Friendly staff, good housekeeping and very helpful.

Have skipped my June trip, but will be back in October.

Stayed in room 3202 evergreen super deluxe a couple of weeks ago and there was a router on the desk next to the t.v so the wifi signal was strong.Moved to room 3207 for the 2nd week,(I was going to have a side trip to Koh Chang but couldn't be arsed so booked another week in Areca) No router in room and the signal was hit and miss.Staff on front desk were ok but I never got a smile or hello off the cleaners.....only dirty stares.

Archived