IGNORED

best option for telephone card in Pattaya

fcke1968

What is the best option for telephone sim card? I have 4G on my telephone But not neccecary. Want good internet speed, How much??

I got an AIS Sim but I still don't fully understand how to get the internet on it because its all in Thai.

What I do understand is you buy load (credit) baht on the phone, then text a number and follow the options to pay about 150 baht for 700mb for 7 days. I took me 3 different 711 visits to find a clerk who could do it for me. 50 baht tip.

In these days it doesn't matter what ISP you have, if it takes 1.5 seconds to get to your requested web page with one service, will you really notice it if it takes 1.7 seconds?  

If those milliseconds really mater, get the latest smart phone with the biggest RAM.

What is the best option for telephone sim card?

Is there one best option?  :Dunno:

You're going to have to look at the various service packages on offer, and trade off between price/speed/amount of data.  Which is most important to you?

Try looking at the DTAC, AIS, and True websites in English for the prepaid options.

I've never done much research on which is best but someone recommended the dtac happy tourist sim to me before and it's always worked fine for me. 

I got an AIS Sim but I still don't fully understand how to get the internet on it because its all in Thai.

What I do understand is you buy load (credit) baht on the phone, then text a number and follow the options to pay about 150 baht for 700mb for 7 days. I took me 3 different 711 visits to find a clerk who could do it for me. 50 baht tip.

Good work, I did the same for a 711 guy who sorted my sim on the first trip, shits me the tightasses that are happy for a 711 clerk to waste 10 minutes of their time fixing their sim only to walk out

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have the biggest plan for the Happy Tourist SIM from DTAC and iPhone 5 with latest FW.

In hotel room (around Soi 10/beach road) I get 3G connection most of the times.

Outside at pool I just checked 4G is working.

However, the speeds are not that good one would expect:

down (MBit/s)      up (MBit/s)

3G:     ~0.8 .. 4.4            ~0.8 .. 1.2

4G        2.9 .. 6.4            ~0.5 .. 2.2

Just did around 5 times a speed test on both after noon for 3G and 4G in the afternoon..

It seems a lot of people sharing the available bandwidth.

Don't know if AIS would be better, I think AIS has similar offering.

--- posted several days ago in other thread http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/265971-dtac-happy-tourist-sim/

Archived