IGNORED

Majestic Grande

Big_H

Hi guys,

On my last trip to BKK I stayed at this hotel & fund it very agreeable, the hotel is just across the car park of the Raja hotel from Soi Nana (walking or staggering distance)

2781141149_552cda5393.jpg

The rooms are very comfortable

2781146239_354a4f76c3.jpg

& there is plenty of space for those overnight guests just as long as they leave thier ID at the desk there is no extra charge

2781986620_1ca564e758.jpg

2781132571_4e88658a0d.jpg

I will be back in BKK in early September but this time at the CitiChic, does anyone know how it will compare?

thanks

Harry

:P

Hello. Did you use the gym in the Majestic Grande? Is it any good? I am staying in the Majestic Suites and plan to use trhe gym in the grande if its any good

Thnaks

I have stayed at both the Grande and at Citichic. I think you will like Citi, while not as nice as the Grande you are saving about $30 bucks a night. The rooms are a decent size and have free wifi which was a plus (If I remember, I think the Grande wanted 200 baht an hour for wifi) The pool is a lot smaller than the Grande but good for a afternoon dip. The location of Citi isn't as convinient as the Grande, but they have a free tuk tuk to take you down to Sukumvit, and if you are interested in the Q bar or Bed Supperclub, they are both right around the corner.

I have stayed at Maj Grande twice in the last 2years and it's a very nice hotel. Guest friendly, good location, nice rooms and good buffet breakfast. But it's currently abouty 3000 baht a night for cheapest room. So lately I have been using Majestic Suites which is down the road, has an even better location for Nana and BTS etc and is half the price. I find that when I am in BKK, I don't spend that much time in my room, so I prefer to skimp a bit here. But when I am in Phuket / Pattaya I go for a more expensive place because I will use the pool and facilities more.

If I were you I would try Maj Grande this trip, then next trip Maj Suites and decide.

About 3 mins walk from Maj Grande is Hilary pool bar. Go past Rajah and turn right past the car park and it's there. Same Soi as Nana Plaza. Nice and friendly and some decent pool players get in there. Full size american tables, not coin operated. Food's not bad either.

Hi I am booked in here 3-5th Oct and got a rate of 1600Bht. Thanks for the review it looks good. Think I chose it for its location and the reviews on this and other forums.

One comment though..the taxi service they have from the airport is a rip off.1800Bht for a 450Bht trip..I know most of the hotel pick ups cost a lot but this seemed excessive when you can get a meter cab for less than that for bkk to pattaya.

By the way, the first girl in your photo is sooooo hot...where did you meet her?

mk indy

Lands, parties and leaves...'tis my MO...

A party(or two)...a beer(or three)..a girl(or more)...and a bit of laugh

Hi I am booked in here 3-5th Oct and got a rate of 1600Bht. Thanks for the review it looks good. Think I chose it for its location and the reviews on this and other forums.

One comment though..the taxi service they have from the airport is a rip off.1800Bht for a 450Bht trip..I know most of the hotel pick ups cost a lot but this seemed excessive when you can get a meter cab for less than that for bkk to pattaya.

By the way, the first girl in your photo is sooooo hot...where did you meet her?

mk indy

Is the 1600 Bht for the Maj Grande or Maj Suites ? If it's Maj Grande please tell me where you got this rate..............

From Suvarnambumi it should be aroung 350-400 baht in a metered taxi. I normally beat the queues by going up the stairs to departures and jump in a taxi that has just dropped someone off.

I have tried all three of the following Dynasty Grande Soi 6 , Majestic Suites and Majestic Grande . Personally I prefer the Dynasty grande newer hotel plus large rooms same distance as majestic Grande to nana but a whole lot cheaper. However have heard good reports about the Adephi hotel in Soi 8. Might give it a try. Always loking out for new inexpensive hotels in the area.

I always stay at the Dynasty Inn Grandee but hope to try CitiChic on my next trip as it had some good reviews from some BM in the know.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

the majestic grande is owned by the same people who own the majestic suites on soi 4. the grande is a nice hotel that i enjoyed staying in, but as i only spend time sleeping in hotels, i would rather stay at the majestic suites.

by the way if your staying at the majestic suites, you can use the majestic grande's gym, free of charge. just let the reception staff know that you want to use it, and they issue you with a ticket.

hope this helps

Hardeep

Can someone tell me where the Majestic SUITES are?

soi 4 nana. about a few minutes walk from the famous Landmark hotel.

Is the 1600 Bht for the Maj Grande or Maj Suites ? If it's Maj Grande please tell me where you got this rate..............

From Suvarnambumi it should be aroung 350-400 baht in a metered taxi. I normally beat the queues by going up the stairs to departures and jump in a taxi that has just dropped someone off.

Apologies I got my majestics mixed up. I am booked in the Majestic suites

Arrival Date : 03/10/2008

Departure Date : 05/10/2008

No. of Nights : 2

Room Type : Double Superior King Bed

Price / Night : Bht 1,670.00 net (all-inclusive with American Breakfast (ABF))

http://www.majesticsuites.com/

Booked direct but since this post was about the other majestic not sure why I have put this info on here really.

mkindy

Lands, parties and leaves...'tis my MO...

A party(or two)...a beer(or three)..a girl(or more)...and a bit of laugh

this is the best bit of advice anybody can give someone thats just arrived into suvarnambumi airport. head for the lift and go to depatures and hail a meter taxi. do not get into a bartering war with the cabbie, just tell him in a firm way to put the meter on.

There is one niggle with Majestic Suites - it is right on Sukhumvit Road and there is nowhere for the taxi to stop safely and drop you off as the traffic is intense. So you are better directing the taxi to the forecourt of the nearby Nana hotel where you can alight in safety. It's 100 yards to the Maj Suites but the other side of Soi Nana. Similar routine when you are leaving. You are better off picking up a taxi at the Nana hotel.

There is one niggle with Majestic Suites - it is right on Sukhumvit Road and there is nowhere for the taxi to stop safely and drop you off as the traffic is intense. So you are better directing the taxi to the forecourt of the nearby Nana hotel where you can alight in safety. It's 100 yards to the Maj Suites but the other side of Soi Nana. Similar routine when you are leaving. You are better off picking up a taxi at the Nana hotel.

i always tell the driver to drop me off at 'the landmark' hotel and make the few minutes walk to the Majestic's, but your right, you can tell him to drop you off at the nana hotel. which ever is convenient for you.

Hi guys,

On my last trip to BKK I stayed at this Hotel & fund it very agreeable, the Hotel is just across the car park of the Raja Hotel from Soi Nana (walking or staggering distance)

2781141149_552cda5393.jpg

The rooms are very comfortable

2781146239_354a4f76c3.jpg

& there is plenty of space for those overnight guests just as long as they leave thier ID at the desk there is no extra charge

2781986620_1ca564e758.jpg

2781132571_4e88658a0d.jpg

I will be back in BKK in early September but this time at the CitiChic, does anyone know how it will compare?

thanks

Harry

:wub:

How much for that room??

"A lot of people ask me, 'Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument."

-Kenny Powers

Majestic Grande is around 3000 baht per night all year round. That's for the cheapest room. There is no low seaon for BKK.

here's a link to the website where you can check out the prices majestic grande prices