Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Six month stay travelling from England

LISBON

Visa advice needed please:

Been coming to Thailand on biannual trips for many years but retirement now gives me the opportunity to start planning my first long stay in Pattaya.

I want to stay in Patts for Six months starting October.

I realise that there are many options when it comes to visas.

1. Tourist (single entry, double entries, triple entries) £25/50/75

2. Transit (single entry, double entries, triple entries) £20/40/60

3. Non-Immigrant (3 Month/ Single Entry) 50.00

4. Non-Immigrant (1 Year/ Multiple Entries) £125.00

5. Non-Immigrant (3 Year/ Multiple Entries) £250.00

6. Non-Immigrant O-A (3 Month/ Single Entry) £50.00

7. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 Year/ Multiple Entries) £125

Can someone with experience guide me as to the best option and preferably the one with the least amount of stress as I wouldn't fancy a 30 day visa with 5 trips to Cambodia to renew!

As long as you are 50 or over option 7 would be the best.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I'd prob go for a double TV. Then just one boarder run with two 30 day extensions at Jomtien.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I'd prob go for a double TV. Then just one boarder run with two 30 day extensions at Jomtien.

The two extensions will bring the cost up to that of a multiple entry visa with the hassle of dealing with immigration twice. You can expect to spent a good part of a day at immigration for each extension.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

The two extensions will bring the cost up to that of a multiple entry visa with the hassle of dealing with immigration twice. You can expect to spent a good part of a day at immigration for each extension.

True, it would help though to know if the magical 50 years in applicable. I came in on a double TV last Sep and didn't use the second entry as I converted it to a 'O' then extension (retirement).

I'm on visa no. 4 in your list .   Non immigrant  0 visa you will get 90 days on entry then one visa run gets you another 90 days . That gets you to the six months you are looking for .

Also found it easier than the 0 A   that I've had before  . It's a lot of work getting the police check , medical check , bank statements and getting it all counter signed by a solicitor  [ which is more expense ]

This was all done in London at the embassy .    

I'm on visa no. 4 in your list .   Non immigrant  0 visa you will get 90 days on entry then one visa run gets you another 90 days . That gets you to the six months you are looking for .

Also found it easier than the 0 A   that I've had before  . It's a lot of work getting the police check , medical check , bank statements and getting it all counter signed by a solicitor  [ which is more expense ]

What did you put as the purpose of your visit?  This is from the London Embassy website ...

london embassy.jpg

Where's the 'shagging as many sexy LBFMs as possible' category?

What did you put as the purpose of your visit?  This is from the London Embassy website ...

attachicon.giflondon embassy.jpg

In days gone past it was much easier to get non-imm O visas at certain consulates. They would give them to any smuck who asked whether they entitled to one or not. Unfortunately things have changed. London was not one of them.

attachicon.giflondon embassy.jpg

I'm over 60 now and retired, but just going for a long holiday, no other reason

So if I get the NI one year visa I can stay 90 days and then with a visa run I get another 90 days, correct?

So if I get the NI one year visa I can stay 90 days and then with a visa run I get another 90 days, correct?

Check with your local consulate. According to the official website a Non-imm O-A visa is good for 1 year from the day of arrival:

Non-Immigrant Visa  “O-A” (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in  Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.

In days gone past it was much easier to get non-imm O visas at certain consulates. They would give them to any smuck who asked whether they entitled to one or not. Unfortunately things have changed. London was not one of them.

Yes, I've done my trips to Hull in days gone by.

Archived