IGNORED

The amazing Thai prawns - can you get them in the UK ?

Jumpin Jack Flash

One of the things I miss most about Thailand is their incredible prawns. I'm especially fond of kung tod (deep fried, tempura style prawns) which just melt in your mouth. I've tried cooking prawns back here in the UK, different prawns from different fishmongers, and nothing tastes as good as the ones in Thailand. Does anyone know if you can get the same prawns here in the UK?  If so, what kind of prawns are they? Saltwater or river prawns, king prawns, jumbo prawns, tiger prawns, warm water prawns ?  I don't know which, if any, are the same as the ones in Thailand.  Any seafood experts on here want to chip in ?

I suspect it has to do with the freshness of the prawns in Thailand. Australia has good prawns too. The ones you are getting in the UK have probably had the goodness frozen out of them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

you're probably right about that but I'd still like to be sure I'm eating the same prawn.

I found these ones ..http://www.frozenfishdirect.co.uk/buy/prawns-page-2.html

it says they are from south east asia.

• 1 month later...

Australian prawns to date have been the best i have had

Over 40 Percent of the UK Prawns sold are ironically enough from Thailand so chances are you are getting a Thai Prawn.

Most are Freshwater and farmed, but Saltwater are also Farmed.

I think I am correct that little Minx Stacey Dooley whom I would like to do up the Arse was in a program whereby the Trade and Export of above items was explained

Ghosty

Archived