Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Exchange rates in pattaya

Johnh27577

Would I be better to change my aussie $ in pattaya or do it before I leave. I've been looking at the exchange rate here and it's not been above 23.6 for weeks is it any better in pattaya?

Thanks

Exchange Rate Thread!  :SoWhat1:

As mentioned in every other thread asking this question, it is better to exchange once arriving in Pattaya.

Consensus is that best exchange kiosk in Pattaya is usually TT Exchange, which had 24.91 AUD yesterday.

Best course of action is to exchange just enough at Suvarnabhumi Airport to cover your taxi/travel costs, purchasing SIM card in the Arrivals hall, and any incidentals enroute.

For future reference, pretty much every newbie question you may have is already answered (see the Newbie Advice section) or can be found by doing a search or taking some time to read through the forum a bit.  You'll learn a lot that will make your trip much easier and more enjoyable!

Exchange Rate Thread!  :SoWhat1:

As mentioned in every other thread asking this question, it is better to exchange once arriving in Pattaya.

Consensus is that best exchange kiosk in Pattaya is usually TT Exchange, which had 24.91 AUD yesterday.

Best course of action is to exchange just enough at Suvarnabhumi Airport to cover your taxi/travel costs, purchasing SIM card in the Arrivals hall, and any incidentals enroute.

For future reference, pretty much every newbie question you may have is already answered (see the Newbie Advice section) or can be found by doing a search or taking some time to read through the forum a bit.  You'll learn a lot that will make your trip much easier and more enjoyable!

Top advice TT is giving the best and always has done.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Would I be better to change my aussie $ in pattaya or do it before I leave. I've been looking at the exchange rate here and it's not been above 23.6 for weeks is it any better in pattaya?

Thanks

Depending upon your arrival time at BKK, you can get exchange rates as good or better than Pattaya right at the airport on B-floor by airport hotel exit near the train platform. The first two have the highest rates the third one is just slightly lower. The rest throughout the airport are crap.

Directly behind the Super Rich is a third exchange booth that offers rates that are not quite as good but opens earlier and close later, named Value+. Again their rates are much higher than the more visible booths throughout the airport.

Hours of operation:

Yenjit 10:30 - 18:30

Super Rich 10:00 - 20:00

Value+ 06:00 - 24:00

note: On my last arrival at BKK, Super Rich was still open at 20:30 beyond their posted hours of operation.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/262428-best-exchange-rate-place/#entry3020376

Is the rate at the whole in the wall banks much different to the one in the shops

Is the rate at the whole in the wall banks much different to the one in the shops

If you check the following link, the two on the top of the list will be comparable to the smaller exchange booths like TT.

Most of the others shown are the bigger banks and as you can see, may have lower rates. It's quite variable, so always wise to compare.

http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/

If you check the following link, the two on the top of the list will be comparable to the smaller exchange booths like TT.

Most of the others shown are the bigger banks and as you can see, may have lower rates. It's quite variable, so always wise to compare.http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/

Cheers mate very helpfull

Now different banks rates difference have been really big when baht have been strong. Hope it go weaker soon.. 

Archived