Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hard drive crashed. Any recommendations for good shop to take it for recovery?

cutter

Hi guys,

My hard drive has crashed and I need to take it in to for recovery. I believe that they will have to physically open the hard drive as it is making a strange sound also.

I assume that I will take it in to TukCom but can anybody recommend any shop specifically to take it to?

thanks,

Cris

Is the data that important and do you need it now? You could ship it to a data recovery center and then download the data once it is recovered. It depends on how much damage was done on how they recover the data. So for some cases I doubt that they can do anything at Tucom and would have to send it away.

Data recovery from a HDD with a mechanical failure is a highly skilled job and opening a HDD should only be done is a clean-air environment, I doubt anyone at Tukcom has either the knowhow or skills to perform such a task and I certainly would not trust them to attempt it.

Without the correct knowledge they are most likely to attempt a software recovery, however as you have indicated the problem likely mechanical, each time the HDD is powered up, it is potentially destroying more data(in cases such as a read-head crash), so running data recovery software on the HDD for any prolonged length of time could render the drive fully un-recoverable.

(Note: professional data recovery companies clone the original drive under clean-air/ lab conditions, before recovering your data from the cloned copy).

Data recovery from a HDD with a mechanical failure is a highly skilled job and opening a HDD should only be done is a clean-air environment, I doubt anyone at Tukcom has either the knowhow or skills to perform such a task and I certainly would not trust them to attempt it.

Without the correct knowledge they are most likely to attempt a software recovery, however as you have indicated the problem likely mechanical, each time the HDD is powered up, it is potentially destroying more data(in cases such as a read-head crash), so running data recovery software on the HDD for any prolonged length of time could render the drive fully un-recoverable.

(Note: professional data recovery companies clone the original drive under clean-air/ lab conditions, before recovering your data from the cloned copy).

clean-air environment <=> TukCom in Pattaya, Thailand ...  yeah, right... agree - doubtful that data on the drive can be recovered, unless the problem is caused by a cable/connector malfunction or something similar...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Thanks guys, I already took it to someone here and they unsucessfully attempted a software recovery. I didn't realise the conditions that were required to open a hard drive.

Based on your recommendations, I have found a proper data recovery service in Thailand I will drop it off at:

http://www.datarecoverythai.com/

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

next time, try using "Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery" software before taking it into the shop (this is assuming you have another comp to plug the hd into)

Archived